Job opening: non-profit, volunteer jobs, jobs in Yobe, Nigeria
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian non-governmental organization founded in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food and financial security and to overcome their special vulnerability to emergency situation generated by wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. Current projects focus on assisting returnees and victims of inhumane and degrading treatment. In Africa, in Latin America, in Asia and in East Europe, projects include community based development, improvement of the water supply and environmental protection.
COOPI headquarters is based in Milan, Italy, but for the projects implementation, COOPI works in synergy with a network of regional and national branch offices within the developing countries where the activities are carried out.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutritionist
This project aims at meeting the immediate food needs of the IDP and host population of three LGAs of Yobe state by bridging the food gap that they are facing as a consequence of the displacement. The target population will be supported in achieving/maintaining their minimum kilo caloric requirements in order not to compromise their health and nutritional status, which is essential to engage in early recovery activities once the situation normalizes.
The project aims as well at sensitizing women and their communities on Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) on nutrition and feeding practices, while referring identified MAM and SAM cases among children <5 and PLW to the existing services. A mere food distribution, not accompanied by an adequate sensitization on feeding practices, breastfeeding and maternal nutrition, in fact, might fail to prevent malnutrition in children, compromising their future well being and development.
- Assist in the management/supervision/monitoring of IYCF (Infant Young Child Feeding) activities
- Contribute to the development of IYCF messages and IEC material for nutrition campaign, tailored to local needs.
- Develop the tools for the Nutrition KAP survey to be rolled out at the beginning and end of the project.
- Train female community focal point on key nutrition messages.
- Participate in nutrition related coordination forums, working groups, and technical meetings and activities at state level.
- Assist in the consolidation of nutrition information from surveys and surveillance, and in the generation of analytical reports.
- Provide technical support and guidance to future programme development and project documents.
View Full details and apply through Ngcareers go to https://ngcareers.com/g/60580
Apply to this job and send resume to: email@example.com
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!