State Team Leader (STL)
Job opening: non-profit, volunteer jobs, jobs in Lagos, Nigeria
State Team Leader (STL)
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) is a five year (2009 - 2014) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that aims to increase the use of modern family planning (FP) methods among the urban poor in the six cities of Abuja FCT, Ibadan, Kaduna, Ilorin, Benin City, and Zaria by at least 20 percentage points. NURHI is part of a broader Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (other sites include India, Kenya, and Senegal).
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) Phase 2, seeks applications from qualified individuals to contribute to improved maternal health and reduced child mortality through increased modem contraceptive use in selected sites for the Phase 2 Project in Nigeria:
Job Title: State Team Leader (STL)
The NURHI 2 State Team Leader will provide overall management, technical and financial oversight for the Lagos project field office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, supervision and support to field office staff including the service delivery, demand generation/advocacy officers, accountant, and monitoring & evaluation officer, including conducting annual performance reviews for the state office staff under his/her supervision;
- Participate in the development and coordination of NURHI 2 Project program activities;
- Collaborate with NURHI partners and other key stakeholders involved in reproductive health and family planning, in his/her domain;
- Liaise regularly with state partners to provide them with up-to-date knowledge of NURHI 2 activities and progress; Ensure compliance throughout the organization with NURHI regulations, Nigerian/state laws, contract agreements, and sound business practice, budgets and NURHI policies; and
- Constantly liaise with Abuja Coordinating Office, especially the Project Director and the Deputy Project Director for technical guidance and program direction.
- Collaborate with Finance and Admin Director on Finance and Administrative issues with a view of ensuring compliance with appropriate rules and regulations guiding the Project operations, and personnel matters,
- Perform other related duties as may be necessary.
Apply to this job and send resume to: email@example.com