Deputy Project Director
Job opening: non-profit, volunteer jobs, jobs in Abuja, Nigeria
Deputy Project Director
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) is a five year (2009 - 2014) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that aims to increase the use of modern family planning (FP) methods among the urban poor in the six cities of Abuja FCT, Ibadan, Kaduna, Ilorin, Benin City, and Zaria by at least 20 percentage points. NURHI is part of a broader Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (other sites include India, Kenya, and Senegal).
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) Phase 2 seeks applications from qualified individuals to contribute to improved maternal health and reduced child mortality through increased modem contraceptive use in selected sites for the Phase 2 Project in Nigeria:
Job Title: Deputy Project Director
- The Deputy Project Director (DPD) will support the Project Director (PD) to ensure successful implementation of the Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative Phase 2.
- The DPD will assist the PD in the Management and Operations oversight of all program elements ensuring that all components are well integrated to meet the desired goals.
- This position requires strong leadership, managerial skills, a high level of independent action, and a focus innovation and strategic direction.
- The DPD will have a deep understanding of behavior change communication (demand generation) related to family planning and reproductive health, with a strong grasp of the key technical elements that go into increasing use of modem contraceptives (CPR).
- He/She will have the ability to respond swiftly to the demands of working within a challenging environment with multitasking skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to provide technical leadership and oversight for the overall project management and operations
- Assist to ensure program elements are integrated and synergistic
- Ensure the sound programmatic and fiscal health of the project
- Represent NURHI Phase 2 at the National and International level
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Director
View Full details and apply through Ngcareers go to https://ngcareers.com/g/60495
- The DPD will report to the PD whilst working closely with the PD to provide leadership to all project staff.
- The DPD will oversee the smooth management of the program and will ensure technical coordination across project components.
- The DPD will also provide oversight and guidance to the NURHI Project State Team Leaders, the demand generation Advisor and other Technical Advisors on need basis.
- The DPD will assist the PD to provide supervision in cooperation with the Sub-Contracted Partner Organizations and other partnerships with government, donors, and stakeholders when the need arises.
Apply to this job and send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!