Community Mobilization Specialist
Job opening: non-profit, volunteer jobs, jobs in Abuja, Nigeria
Community Mobilization Specialist
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Specialist
The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for implementing activities to increase community awareness and support of schooling in targeted non-formal education and alternative education learning center communities. This includes implementing a small grants program to enable CSOs to establish community coalitions and learning centers, building the capacity of CSOs and executing awareness campaigns to strengthen the community’s demand for education.
- The Community Mobilization Specialist will be responsible for implementing activities related to reestablishing a national culture of reading. This includes coordinating with national efforts.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Mobilize communities around formal and non-formal schools to promote access to education,
- Establish community coalitions and learning centers, building the capacity of CSOs,
- Conduct awareness campaigns to strengthen the community’s demand for quality education,
- Promote a culture of reading through innovation, social accountability, and ownership of reading gains by enhancing civil society engagement;
- Promote public discourse about reading;
- Engage Nigerian organizations to develop and lead projects aimed at piloting or scaling-up effective models to stimulate reading, introduce additional reading materials at the community level;
- Support research related to reading acquisition and correlating factors;
- Generate momentum with communities themselves to spearhead increased interest and opportunities for everyone to participate in reading through community engagement campaigns and a grants mechanism for Community-Based Organizations (CBOs);
- Work with communities to develop strategies, identify funding needs, and monitor projects in collaboration with community-level networks;
- Help create a generation of children who want to learn to read and parents who want teachers who can teach their children to read, generating a demand for future reading instruction and assessment improvements by working with communities to re-establish a culture of reading;
- Engage parents and siblings in fostering a culture of reading (e.g., listening to children read)
View Full details and apply through Ngcareers go to https://ngcareers.com/g/60523
Apply to this job and send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!