YouLead Project Officer, Business Development
Job opening: marketing jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Reporting to the Project Manager, Entrepreneurship & Value Chain Development, the Business Development Officer will provide effective business development services training and hands on technical assistance to value chain actors/players and young entrepreneurs to establish and grow their MSMEs in their selected products and services in forestry, agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourism.
- The business development officer will provide a wide range of business advisory services aimed at the managerial, financial and operational skills needed to ensure the establishment of profitable businesses by entrepreneurs.
Research on Market opportunities:
- Work with the entrepreneurship and value chain team to identify and evaluate market opportunities including collection on baseline data.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plan with young entrepreneurs
- Identify and evaluate specific new profitable business opportunities
- Conduct needs assessment, market research and develop value chain cost/ benefit analysis to effectively engage youth in gender-responsive entrepreneurship and enterprise development
- Support young entrepreneurs to develop and implement bankable business plans
- Provide support as necessary to business initiatives
- Ensure business benefits can be realized or that risks inhibiting realization are highlighted
- Support the promotion of gender equality as a cross-cutting theme within the YouLead project
- Document and prepare good quality reports for all activities carried out under the Business Development component of the YouLead project
- Document lessons learned from project implementation and share with the Project Manager in order to identify potential scaling up and replication
- Draw up activity plans and prepare annual work plans for the Project Manager’s approval
- Liaison with the project finance and support units to ensure that all activity logistics are adequately catered for prior to any planned activity
Provision of Technical support in Business Development:
- Support young entrepreneurs to develop new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Using knowledge of market and competitors, identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Provide support to aspiring entrepreneurs to access finance for business start up.
- Present business development training and mentoring to young entrepreneurs
- Liaise with South-South Entrepreneurship Development Centre for the provision of technical assistance on business Development in forestry, eco-agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourism in selected LGA’s
- Actively participate and contribute to the successful monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Participate actively in implementation of the gender strategy
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Project Team in order to coordinate and maximize efficiency of the project activities
- Actively contribute to the successful monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Participate actively in implementation of the project gender strategy
- Share relevant information with Project Team members on an ongoing basis
- Participate actively to the Project Team meetings and activities
- Support with the management of allocated budget in compliance with the procedures and policies of Cuso International
- Support and advise the PM Entrepreneurship and Business development on project strategic directions.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the YouLead Project Director, Team Leader and Project Manager from time to time.
- Person Specification
- Significant practical, analytical and theoretical knowledge and experience of international development working in Africa including:
- An appreciation of the contribution of volunteering in its many forms can bring to development.
- A strong awareness of gender and equity issues and knowledge of issues affecting young people and women (key target groups for Cuso International).
- An appreciation of the contribution that the private sector and business development approaches can bring to development.
- Proven ongoing commitment to staying abreast of current development thinking.
- Excellent knowledge of the project management cycle
- Proven track record of developing new businesses
- Knowledge of business development methodology and practice
- Knowledge in gender equality mainstreaming, cooperative development and MSME start up and capacity building
- Proven experience of developing, phasing, managing and revising complex budgets from a variety of funding sources and in line with all internal and external contractual obligations.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a number of teams, in a multi-cultural context and where teams may be geographically dispersed.
- Proven ability to be self-serving in IT (Word processing, Outlook, Email, databases, basic excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to develop IT skills in order to improve effectiveness at work.
- Degree in a field relevant to the duties of this position and/or a relevant combination of studies with experience in business/enterprise development with a least 2 years experience.
- English essential
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should must be forwarded to the e-mail, with the competition number: Business Development Officer 2015-43 clearly marked as the subject number.
- CV must be 3 pages in length maximum and covering letter must be 1 page long maximum.
- To be considered, your résumé and cover letter should demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.