Job opening: marketing jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Locations: Port Harcourt, Benin, Enugu, Onitsha, Awka, Asaba
- The Regional Manager is responsible for delivering on agent, customer and revenue growth targets through effective development and management of a distribution network. The role involves hands-on supervision of a 50+ person field sales and operational support team across the Southern/Eastern Nigeria region, ensuring teamwork and capability development, and delivering on commercial targets defined for each period.
- To be successful you will need to be comfortable spending significant time in the field motivating the team and agents, and driving both to exceed set targets.
- Must be someone with a strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with teams that do not report into you.
- Must have a clearly-demonstrated track record in channel recruiting and management, and should have produced meaningful sales revenues at a fast moving consumer goods company or similar.
- Must also have demonstrated skills in driving volumes through a channel, relationship building, monitoring and evaluating results to devise strategies.
- Must also have demonstrated an ability to motivate a team, provide mentorship, and understand how to grow sales staff.
- You will also need to be someone who cares about others, relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure and have great communication skills-verbal, non-verbal and written
- Responsible for providing leadership to the region by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, and competencies and sales values are developed to exceed revenue targets.
- Working via the field team to manage recruitment, activation and ongoing support of agents across the region.
- Delivering on revenue targets for all products through agent-related transactions.
- Selection, training and ongoing performance management of regional staff.
- Focus on optimization of team performance, enhancement of morale and productivity.
- Drive collaboration (regional) with cross functional teams who support the activities of the agent network (Marketing, Product Innovation, Customer Service and Finance etc.).
- Budgeting and accounting for utilization of regional funds, human and material resources,and other assets.
- Keeping abreast of global trends and best practices relevant to the business,with a view to interpret and adapt same to fit our environment.
- Ensure regional stakeholders’ compliance with regulatory requirements and Company standards
- Preparing weekly, monthly and annual operational and management reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience in sales within a FMCG with at least regional management experience Must be able to work in a high velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- A detailed understanding of the wholesale and retail distribution marketplace, including their potential customers,partner suppliers, and competitors.
- Must be able to motivate and drive Southern/Eastern Nigeria retailers.
- Drive channel satisfaction improvement.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Communication skills - verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Self-driven and hardworking.
- Active listener.
- Multi-task and manage competing priority.
- Technical skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!