Job opening: marketing jobs, jobs in Nigeria
MayënkaBOX is beauty subscription service, an affordable, exclusive and effortless way to explore new hair&body beauty products. Discover hand-selected natural curly hair products delivered to your doorstep every month.
The first African subscription service!
We’re currently looking for an experienced, curious, down-to-earth, jargon-free marketing, with a minimum of B.Sc., good corporate marketing experience, good network and knowledge of social media as well as good communication skills and business development strategist with 3 - 5 years experience of sales/marketing in the Nigerian beauty sector to launch MayënkaBOX.
- Established network with advertising agencies, blue chip companies, and other established companies, that can easily be approached for business development.
- Go getter, with the ability to drive sales & close orders.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Hard working & committed to achieving set targets.
You must be resident in Lagos or willing to relocate to Lagos.
Salary plus quarterly performance commission (based on ability to meet targets)
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
- You will manage 3 interns
- You will manage existing corporate partnerships and develop new partnerships as well as customer base around cosmetics products.
- You will work with prospective and existing partnerships striving to recalibrate their business around cosmetics products. It's your job to reach out and start the conversation with our target audience through effective marketing campaigns both online and offline.
- You will be constantly learning and turning digital trends into unique marketing opportunities and creative growth hacking plans.
- You will be involved in variety of offline marketing around Nigeria.
- You will be attending events such as conferences and exhibitions.
- You will travel in Nigeria, Europe and USA
- You will monitor social media and regularly create focused content.
Simply put, you will champion our marketing activities by developing innovative marketing campaigns and promotional activities.
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED IN YOU:
- You write and speak french
- You already have working knowledge of marketing concepts which includes positioning, segmentation, and differentiation.
- You grasp the fundamental concepts of cosmetics industry – you know how an insight differs from an observation, how a strategy differs from principles and tactics, and how marketing ideas differ from executions. And you can show work that consistently and surprisingly delivers to these concepts.
- You can work with fellow digital grown-ups – we’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists, and analysts, trying to achieve something new and powerful together in the digital landscape in Nigeria.
- You have natural skills for marketing, business conversations, social media and impeccable customer relationship. You are a customer-lover, someone who has an ability to spread the word.
- You love this stuff – stories of innovation, creativity, trends and topics that inspires you both online and offline. We want a person who keeps the team inspired, curious and open-minded.
- You are positive, proactive and naturally at home in a fast-paced, team-motivated environment.
- You have strong writing and presentation skills.
THE SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
Few people are experts in all of the areas below. When you apply, let us know which are your strengths.
Marketing planning and strategy formulation – You’ll be able to show examples of how you’ve wrestled to understand business problems, to find powerful marketing insights, to plan and create marketing strategies that generate results.
Social media and content – You’ll understand what’s happening online and why, you’ll be able to research it all and create content that sticks.
Ideas – You’ll have them and help the team have them.
Communications planning – You’ll know how to orchestrate an idea so that it doesn’t just launch and then nothing.
If you are excited at the idea of joining a passionate and talented team with a culture of innovation and big thinking, working in a fast-paced creative environment in a new digital cosmetics startup, then this is your opportunity! We are friendly and passionate about what we do, and we believe in team: Together Everyone Achieves More. Our vision is to become #1 subscription beauty service in Nigeria, and Africa.email@example.com