Business Development Executive
Job opening: marketing jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Business Development Executive
- To understand market trends and be able to price freight accordingly
- Ability to negotiate with outside service partners
- Enjoys placing high volume of outbound phone calls. Engaged in a high level of phone activity
- Able to prospect, generate and develop new business with current and potential clients
- Should be able to negotiate and build relationships over the telephone with clients and vendors
- Make professional decisions in fast paced environment balancing time, service standards and profitability while WOWING our customers
- Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- To manage contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings as well as informing them about new developments with the company’s products
- Manage developing, planning and overseeing quotes, proposals and new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
- To keep healthy relationships with clients, this mostly requires socialization. So from simple chats on the phone to lunches and events or conferences business development managers must be sure to keep their customers happy. Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work
- To write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working
- Minimum of B.Sc Sales Management, Marketing, Business Principles or any related field with 2-4 years experience in similar position, an MBA degree is an advantage.
- Should possess high level of negotiating and problem solving skills while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must maintain a constant sense of urgency without sacrificing accuracy for speed.
- Must be able to work individually but be able to play on the team and be willing to assist others while multi-tasking.
- Should have a strong sales background and desire to please the customer.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to negotiate are a must.
- Must have Microsoft Office experience.
- Must have a high desire to win.
- Great organizational skills.
- To be an effective business development executive, an individual must be: Socially adept, Good with numbers.
- Able to provide quality leadership to a large team of sales people.
- Must not be under any type of industry non-compete agreement.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and must enjoy the work hard, play hard approach to business.
- Must have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and quotas.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!