Senior Underwriter, Property
Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Senior Underwriter, Property
- Responsibility for a portfolio of accounts; successfully underwrite new and renewal accounts to contribute to the profitable development of the Nigeria Commercial Property portfolio in line with targets set by management.
- Work cross functionally with other areas in TBA to achieve corporate objectives.
- Work within agreed decision making standards, limitations, authorities and underwriting guidelines.
- Support the Commercial Property management team to manage the impact of regulatory change both internal and external.
- Achieve satisfactory ratings on all underwriting quality reviews.
- Ensure all corporate service standards are maintained to both brokers & internal colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to use own initiative for both internal and external issues.
- Maintain and develop strong broker and client relationships.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement in all areas including improving processes to make the business more efficient and creating an environment where people are encouraged to take initiative and responsibility.
- Education preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive Property underwriting experience and strong technical insurance knowledge, with particular focus on large account underwriting including Multinational.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with brokers and clients.
- Proven ability to implement strategic business plans.
- Proven track record of delivering profitable returns.
- Good organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise workload.
- Highly numerate.
- Competent in IT packages.
- 2 years financial and insurance related experience.
- BSC, HND/OND.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work autonomously or with others to effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Advanced accounting/math problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- General understanding of Nigeria economy and employee benefits industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Firm knowledge of group products, services and systems and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of these products, services and systems.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!