Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Project Officer will manage the YouLead Ogoja Satellite Office and coordinate the provision of training and technical support services on employment and youth entrepreneurship in the North and Central Districts of Cross River State.
- He/She will supervise the Administrative and Logistic Officer to provide comprehensive logistics, project and volunteer administration and support function to the YouLead project.
- Provision of technical support in entrepreneurship and business development:
- Provide regular monitoring in the implementation of YouLead activities at the LGAs in the North and Central Districts to ensure that YouLead implementation by partners and volunteers are on track.
- Support the activities of Program Managers-Financial Inclusion, Value Chain & Entrepreneurship Development, NRM/Policy, Knowledge & Communication at the grassroots.
- Follow up on mobilization and community sensitization activities by community volunteers, NYSC Volunteers and YAC members.
- Project Team
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Project Team in order to coordinate and maximize efficiency of project activities:
- Share relevant information with Project Team members on an on going basis.
Programme Administration & Support:
- Lead within the country office in organizing and managing logistics of meetings, project workshops, tours, international staff visits or other activities as required;
- Lead reference point in the office for ICT and ensuring adequate support is provided by liaising with
- Cuso IT staff and external IT service providers as needed;
- Support Admin Officer to ensure all staff are covered by appropriate insurance policies according to Cuso guidelines and manage all processes related to staff insurance;
- Responsible for establishing and managing budgets for Office Services;
- Supervision and performance managing of any agencies or office services providers contracted to support the Cuso Office;
- Prepare and manage monthly timesheet, attendance sheet, leave forms and vehicle log book, Equipment maintenance logbook. Management of fixed asset register, inventory list, vendors list, procurement policies and stock control;
- Manage procurement for the office including tender announcement, quotation collection, organization of selection process, purchase and delivery;
- Ensure office vehicle is maintained and logbook completed and submitted to finance monthly
- Work with the Project Team Leader and colleagues, to take appropriate action to ensure volunteer’s & staff safety at all times and especially in times of civil, military or natural disturbances;
- To undertake specific additional responsibilities from time-to-time, as may be agreed upon with their Line Manager.
- Attend meetings and contribute to relevant discussions.
- Participate in weekly, monthly YouLead staff meetings.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and or relevant training in areas related to entrepreneurship, technical training and business development services.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in the area of Administration, business development services and Volunteer/staff management and/or support;
- Knowledge in gender equity mainstreaming, private sector development, cooperative development and MSME start-ups capacity building.
- Efficient communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, be patient and diplomatic;
- Excellent time management, planning and priority setting skills, and demonstrated initiative;
- Effective, constructive and creative problem solving abilities;
- Professionalism, diplomacy and ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentially;
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations with a positive and professional attitude towards working within the organization’s standards;
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with people from a variety of cultural and national backgrounds;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Attitudes and behaviours that demonstrate respect for diversity;
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism;
- Proven commitment to mainstreaming Gender and equality issues within work.
- Proficiency with Office Suite (Windows, Word, Power Point, Outlook) database and internet;
- Willingness to travel within the 18 LGA’s in Cross River state Nigeria and/or Internationally;
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Knowledge of Cuso International goals and approach to development work
- Interest and/or knowledge of International development issues (Gender, Climate change)
- Experience of dealing with national and local government departments
- Experience of working in a non-governmental or not-for-profit
- English essential
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should must be forwarded to the e-mail, with the competition number: YouLead Project Officer, 2015-48 clearly marked as the subject number.
- CV must be 3 pages in length maximum and covering letter must be 1 page long maximum.
- To be considered, your résumé and cover letter should demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.