Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables.
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Staff the project:
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
Implement the project:
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project:
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
Evaluate the project:
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- University Degree in a related subject
- Knowledge of project management
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
- Data base management
Should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.