Principal Research Economist - EDRE.1
Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Undertake Ex-ante Additionality and Development Outcome Assessment (ADOA) of Bank’s operations:
- Conduct ex-ante Additionality and Development Outcome Assessment (ADOA) of the African Development Bank Private Sector Operations and Regional Operations.
- Quality assurance: Review other team members’ ADOA notes and supervise the work of junior staff.
- Carry out any revisions to the ADOA framework on the basis of implementation experience and lessons from other Development Finance institutions.
Conduct research in the areas of private sector development, competitiveness, financial markets, project evaluation, development outcomes and additionality.
Provide inputs into the production of the Bank’s flagship publications:
- Contribute to the preparation of the report or assigned section, write such sections and follow it through with peer reviews and publication.
- Disseminate the findings of reports.
Provide technical and analytical inputs into the work of Operations Complexes:
- Provide input into Country Strategy Papers (CSPs).
- Participate in Economic Sector Works (ESW).
- Peer review project, program, policy documents, including documents submitted to the Operations Committee.
Contribute to Bank Economic Intelligence documents:
- Provide economic intelligence (statement, policy briefs) to Senior Management on economic development issues.
Provide professional inputs in the Bank’s “Working Papers Series " and the Bank’s "African Development Review":
- Publish research papers and review submitted articles to the African Development Review and Working Paper Series.
- Participate in collaborative research and knowledge management activities carried out jointly with regional and international organizations, research and capacity building institutions in Africa, development research centers and universities.
- Review operation documents and participate in review meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, or related discipline. A Master degree in these fields complemented by strong evidence of practical experience in project evaluation or sector operations.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in development economics, finance, project analysis and/or monitoring and evaluation, PPPs or sector operations. Experience in survey design and Impact Evaluation is a plus.
- Publication record in international peer reviewed journals.
- Relevant professional experience in development policy research and analysis of economic conditions that are of relevance to private sector development in Africa.
- Strong knowledge and background in the use of statistical and econometric methods and packages in finance and development economics research; theoretical knowledge to develop and implement research programs; ability to design and manage research projects from conceptualization to publication.
- Ability to conduct research projects with limited supervision; strong written and oral communication skills as well as mature interpersonal and professional relationships.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Proven skills in drafting and preparation of policy memoranda.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- For this position team work skills are critical: ability to work in interdisciplinary and multicultural environment, contribute constructive comments and receive positively the views of team members on own work.
- Ability to work with colleagues in other Complexes, especially in Operations.