Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Promote a positive attitude among associates in the plant.
- Promote quality at its highest level. Promote teamwork by example.
- Promote plant and department safety on a continuous basis.
- Promote good housekeeping per company standards on a continuous basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with other departments effectively to meet customer expectations.
- To perform a variety of duties to ensure the efficient operation of the plant, support management, and all ISO activities.
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area per company housekeeping standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently practice safety rules and regulations on a continuous basis per company safety standards.
- Verifies that all production employees follow the quality system.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers applying knowledge of machine shop procedures, machine tool set-up, operation techniques, and production machining methods.
- Applies knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment to meet production capacities of each department.
- Reviews production orders and schedules to plan department operations in order to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Reviews production and operating reports for manufacturing and maintenance to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Enforce and provide consistency of all company rules, regulations, and procedures.
- May repair, set-up and operate screw machines when necessary.Responsible for training and developing manufacturing personnel.
- Initiates personal actions such as: promotions, discharge, or disciplinary measures.
- Reports worker grievances to Manager of HR, President and/or Vice-President.
- Assist with the training of a new employee on the Quality Policy, ISO Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Completes required paperwork as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to training records, maintenance records, weekly time cards and updating information on prints.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations in a manner that provides development of each associate.
- Investigate scrap, rework, and similar departmental costs and recommend corrective action.
- Setup and run machines per supervisor's instructions.
- Performs other similar related duties as assigned.
- BEng/BSc/HND in Mechanical/Production Engineering.
- Must have the ability to interpret complicated drawings, specifications and to use shop mathematics.
- Knowledge of machining methods including speeds, feeds, characteristics of metals, tooling, work holding methods, set-up and operation of machine tools, precision measuring instruments and related equipment.
- Must have the ability to apply SPC, and give positive coaching to effectively assist and train other associates.
- Requires a minimum of five years supervisory experience in the metal working field.
- Must have strong leadership and communication abilities.
- Must be able to work closely with employees at all levels of the organization.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!