Grants & Contracts Manager
Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Grants & Contracts Manager
Prime Award Administration:
- Monitor compliance with prime award rules and regulations, deliverables and reporting. Provide training and support to program staff in these areas.
- Support project managers to achieve Pact Project Management Standards, as they relate to implementation of activities through partners. Provide training and support to program staff in these areas.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees.
- Oversee compliance with terms and conditions under awards from a variety of donors. When required, prepare requests for and obtain clearances / approvals / deviations from donors.
- Respond to issues of compliance and resolve disputes and audit findings.
- Assist with reviewing budget estimates for allowability, allocability, and reasonableness.
- Oversee closeout of awards and provide oversight of staff for closeout including preparation of final inventories and property disposition.
- Develop subcontract and subgrant award documents compliant with donor requirements and Pact standard templates and work closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team to execute quality subawards.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Utilize Pact’s subaward management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Maintain documentation.
- Oversee budget management of projects’ subaward pools working with the Finance Manager. Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantee partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters.
- Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects.
- Develop and/or update Country Office Subawards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance.
- Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact’s intranet “Mosaic.”
Overall Country Office Management and Support:
- Provide relevant support to proposal development, including budget development, for new opportunities.
- Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and country office needs.
- Actively participate in the Senior Management Team of the country office, and support improvements in country office policies, procedures, organization and systems in collaboration with colleagues and the Country Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- MA/MSc and at least 6-8 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
- Experience managing subaward design and administration
- Experience in donor funds administration
- Fluency in English
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in international development project management
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management
- Proficiency in at least one other language
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with colleagues and external contacts in donor and partner organizations
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Engagement in corporate initiatives
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Experience in one of Pact’s technical areas or a support function
- Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!