Education in Emergency (EiE) Coordinator
Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Work closely with some, SEMA, NEMA, UNICEF, local implementing partners, members of the Education sector working Group, UN-OCHA and other UN agencies, to ensure that the programme goals are achieved.
- Specific areas of concern are the provision of temporary learning opportunities in IDP camps and host community.
- He/She provides overall leadership at a strategic and programme level for the sector, and ensures that SC vision and overall program goals related to the sector are met. He/She provides managerial, technical, and administrative support to the project officers.
- He/She is responsible for designing programmes and writing proposals for new or ongoing projects in line with SC goals and strategic directions.
- For purposes of ensuring healthy collaboration between the sector’s work and other projects or initiatives in North Eastern region, the coordinator will actively participate in education-related activities and meetings, and will also seek active collaboration with other players working in the education sector.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Manager, and in close coordination with the Education in Emergency Advisor in Abuja:
Programe development and Implementation:
- With the support and guidance of FM and EiE Advisor, lead the implementation of Save the Children’s education project activities within the IDP camps and host communities through provision of EiE and ECCD services to the children.
- Identify critical program gaps and vulnerabilities, and clarify roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to effectively address those gaps.
- Ensure quality in the programme by building capacity of the local staff through trainings, and providing trainings in pedagogy, psychosocial support, life skills etc. to teachers.
- Provide guidance to field-based education team on common standards, innovative strategies and approaches which ensure a capacity to address SC Commitments for Children in Emergencies, and reflect good practice in emergency education responses.
- Line management of the education project staff.
- Prepare performance objectives together with program staffs and give the necessary feedback, follow up and support to improve staff performance.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Contribute to the development of appropriate and effective program monitoring systems to enable assessment of both the emergency response process and impact and to ensure delivery of results for children.
- Prepare implementation reports, weekly, monthly or other periodical reports for SCI and funding partners.
- Reporting on progress and documentation of best practices.
- Support in development of communication materials, case studies and blogs.
- Spend at least 40% of time in the field to support project activities [CK1].
Coordination and Networking:
- Working closely with the FM and EiE Education Advisor, develop partnerships to leverage resources, ensure adequate coverage in the emergency response and early recovery phases, and ensure adequate funding consistent with SC resource mobilisation strategy and emergency response plans
- Advocate for, and support, the development of sustainable, child-friendly and hazard-resistant standards and designs for learning centres, the integration of life skills into both formal and non-formal education, with a particular focus on Disaster Risk Reduction( DRR)
- Represent SCI programme in the coordination at state levels; represent SC at the State Education Sector Working Group meetings, working closely with UNICEF, SEMA, UNOCHA among others, to address issues related to strategic planning, roles and responsibilities of sector partners, and joint advocacy
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Three year progressive experience in Education in Emergencies, programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Previous experience in working with capacity building/training facilitation is desirable.
- Excellent Computing and data management skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in remote areas, work in a challenging work environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for completing tasks to a high standard and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexibly and professionally in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.