Director of Program
Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Director of Program
- Ensures effective technical lead of OVC programming implementation activities of the projects in three states.
- Contributes to operations and technical reviews of OVC strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it reflects strategic plans at national level as well as donor priorities.
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supportive supervision to direct reports (staff) and partners on the project.
- Provide leadership in the development of annual work plans as well as state level monthly/quarterly implementation work plans for partners on the project.
- In collaboration with the leadership of partner organizations, identify key process weaknesses and capacity gaps with potential to hinder effective delivery of quality programmes. Incorporate remedial actions in technical assistance and capacity building plans.
- Oversee the quality implementation and support of ongoing OVC programming based on robust grant management, monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programme, activities, reports, security, procurement, HR and financial grant management protocols.
- Provide guidance to senior program staff to ensure that data on OVC is used effectively for advocacy and realignment of project implementations as necessary.
- Oversee donor and internal narrative reporting, ensuring that all reports are of high quality and meet the standards of ARFH and donor requirements.
- Ensure mentorship for program staff in order, to maintain a high standard of capacity for the implementation of quality OVC programming.
- Oversee performance evaluation process for all the projects staff.
- Work with Chief of Party to establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations on all programming aspects and to meet community needs.
- Establish and maintain relationship with the relevant coordination bodies and line ministries to promote advocacy priorities on the OVC project.
- Provide support to Chief of Party to represent the organization with governmental bodies, stakeholders and donors.
- Prepare relevant reports including quarterly, half yearly and end yearly reports, positive results achieved on the project and lessons learnt and ensures they are shared with stakeholders including the donor in a timely manner.
- Coordinate project review meetings, project monitoring and evaluation, reporting and documentation.
- Participate in development process of donor proposals log frames, narratives and budgets based on sector and ARFH's priorities.
- Carry out any other assignment by the Chief of party that will enhance quality implementation of the OVC project.
- Must have a University Degree, preferably in Medicine with Master's Degree in Public Health or related field.
- Possession of a Ph.D will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience on donor funded HIV/AlDs (PMTCT/eMTCT; Nutrition), OVC, family centered and community based projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of national health programs, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point and NOMIS.
- Experience and good understanding of USAID principles and procedures will be added advantage.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!