Job opening: manufacturing, operations jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- To be a team player in the corrosion protection treatment process of Fabricated Structural Steel Structures and Associated items.
Personnel reporting directly to this position:
- Grit Blasters, Spray Painters and Production assistants.
Key aims and objectives:
- To apply your work skills in a manner which enables the Coating Department to deliver defect free product, which conforms to customer supplied specifications and Project working procedures.
- To assist the department in achieving this objective at the first attempt, within the time allowed and at each subsequent attempt.
- The following will be expected of you while you are in the employ of Nigerdock PLC FZE
- To take responsibility for the satisfactory execution of all work instructions issued to the workers in your team.
- To issue these instructions clearly and to ensure they are well understood.
- To ensure all work is executed according to the requirements of project and/or Nigerdock supplied working instructions.
- To ensure that you have read and fully understand the contents of the relevant working procedures, enabling you to ensure the desired level of quality is attained .
- To ensure that you and the workers under you wear the correct level of PPE and that they work in a safe environment, utilizing correctly maintained equipment and tools.
- To pre- plan your teams work and assist the individuals in planning the execution of their instructed tasks.
- To ensure that your workers carry out tasks in an efficient manner, with all necessary consumables on hand.
- To work with your team and to be able to delegate tasks with authority and in a clear manner.
- To report all faulty equipment and take the necessary action in either fixing it or making sure that the item gets replaced if it is not repairable.
- To follow up on the progress and completion of tasks delegated to members of your team.
- You will always assume full responsibility for all work under your control.
- To ensure and if necessary teach your team to work as a competent unit, always taking into account the safety of others working adjacent to your work area.
- To ensure that each individual executes work tasks in accordance with the requirements of the stipulated working procedure.
- To always ensure a JSA has been conducted for the proposed work and that all actions stated ate obeyed.
- To always conduct a job specific toolbox talk with your team, identifying the work hazards prior to entering the work area.
- To set an example to those working below you.
- When not performing your primary function as a Foreman, you are expected to take part in any other activities associated with the functioning of the department.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!