Vacancy for Transmission Engineer
Job opening: internet jobs, jobs in Lagos, Nigeria
Transmission Engineer will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and design of microwave & transmission links for site connectivity
Duties includes but not limited to the following:
- Perform routine O&M procedures as prescribed for Power, Transmission and BTS Radio networks.
- Ensure that approved transmission optimization tasks are executed according to schedule and with minimal distortion to service
- Acceptance of newly installed and upgraded MW Links
- Monitor and ensure adherence to SLAs by vendors (interconnect partners, transmission link providers, etc)
- Ensure transmission operations work undertaken by vendors/ service providers meets with customer specifications
- Manage and escalate all unresolved/ major faults to appropriate quarters for necessary attention
- Ensure timely escalation of all inter-MSC, MSC-BSC, BSC-BSC and interconnect transmission links faults; follow up with vendors and third party service providers to ensure that faults are resolved within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensure that all preventive, corrective and configuration Work Orders/
- Change Requests are duly implemented and according to the Work Order/ Change Request process
- General maintenance of telecom base station (BTS and Power)
- Installation and commissioning of DXX multiplexers e.g. DXX6340, DXX6325, DX6335 and DXX 8100 basic nodes
- Implementation of SDH & PDH cutover
- Clearing of Alarm on mini link
- Supervision of Radio Antenna installation on BTS site i.e. checking the azimuth, electrical tilt, cabling of feeder cables and grounding
- Installation of micro wave antenna such as 1.8, 1.2., 0.6 , 0.3.and commissioning the radio
- Extensive work on both transmission and radio base station
- Coupling of microwave antenna, running of fibre and power cable
- Earthing and powering of RBS cabinet
- React to emergency faults and ensure all faults are rectified promptly.
- Resolution of repetitive faults affecting BTS radio network
- Ensure maintenance work undertaken by contractors meets company’s specification.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records of all transmission links, BTS sites, power equipment and spares for all sites within designated area.
- Ensure all security and network Integrity documentation is completed and adhered to
- Responsible for designing and planning transmission link to support ABIS expansion and BTS site optimization
- Responsible for conducting line of sight (LOS) survey for transmission links
- Responsible for generating Work Order for Implementation and Operations team
- Carry out detail optimisation of the existing access microwave links.
- Support RF team in optimisation of BTS sites transmission links
- Generate a daily, weekly and monthly report on the access links with the agreed K.P.I
Apply to this job and send resume to: https://ngcareers.com/g/60609
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.