Human Resource Officer
Job opening: human resource jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Human Resource Officer
- Human resources (HR) Officer develops advice on and implements policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization.
- Their aim is to ensure that the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the employer's business aims.
- HR professionals not only deal with staff welfare and administration-centered activities, but also strategy and planning. HR departments are expected to add value to the organization they support.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training - including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Any degree discipline is acceptable for entry into the profession.
- Relevant experience is often essential.
- Commercial awareness.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels.
- Teamwork skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Numerical skills.
- IT skills.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!