Job opening: human resource jobs, jobs in Nigeria
REPORTS TO THE ADMINISTRATOR
1. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A confident and assertive manner approachable and compassionate nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An awareness of equal opportunities and health and safety issues
- Good leadership and management skills
- A fair and objective approach to all personnel and working situations
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations
- The ability to handle disciplinary issues appropriately
- Good computer skills
- Good negotiation abilities
- The ability to build good working relationships with and between personnel
- The ability to manage several different tasks at once
- Time management skills
- The ability to listen to problems and respect employee confidentiality
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to use own initiative
- A good knowledge of employment law and company policies relating to personnel
- The ability to work to deadline
- The ability to take instruction from senior management
- A flexible approach to the job
- A desire to learn and take professional development opportunities when offered
- Patience and good humour
- The ability to act as a mediator when staff conflicts or difficult situations arise
1. STAFF RECRUITMENT:
- Advertise and conduct recruitment of suitable staff with approval from the SLT.
- Verify authenticity of persons to be employed, certificates, references and previous
- Periodic verification checks on employed staff contact details and family conditions. Possession of up-to- date contact details of all staff including externally sourced staff to meet
- Keep staff files up-to- date.
3. STAFF TRAININGS
- Plan and execute all staff trainings collaboratively with HoS, DBD, the Administrator,
- Principals and other unit heads.
- Suggest staff trainings as appropriate and relevant.
- Track and keep record of staff trainings per staff.
- Track and keep record of appraisals per staff, promotions & growth, reassignments, commendations, queries, exemption from work, lateness, and other infringements.
4. CONSULTANCY & RESEARCH
- Conduct periodic research on staff, students and parents to monitor fulfilment of the school mission and provide recommendations for school growth.
- Be an information provider to raise awareness and inform departments and functional areas on changes in school policy and school context.
- Raise awareness of the work place legislation through circulation of staff hand book
- Manage smooth and free flow of information from management to staff and among staff to foster efficiency and a positive school ethos.
- Make recommendation to the SLT on staff welfare, wellbeing and retainability from empirical data.
- Advise managers on how to tackle specific managing people issues professionally.
- Help or facilitate other departments to achieve their goals or standards as it fits into the school mission and policies of the organisation.
- Audit staff skills periodically and recommend the use of staff skills for the growth and developmement of the organization
5. STAFF RETAINMENT PLAN AND RETIREMENT
- Develop a 5 year staff retainment plan for all staff, to be upgraded every 5 years.
- Recommend staff for retirement
6. POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT
- Acknowledge each staff’s contribution to the growth of the school through a transparent process in the form of awards, commendation, recommendation for promotion, etc.
7. STAFF WELFARE:
- Enforce the code of conduct using prompt sanctions.
- Responsible for staff health plans and other incentives in collaboration with SLT.
- Provide staff travel allowance for outside school trips.
- Recommend and source for staff accommodation Ensure employee relations are positive.
- Ensure work and school environment is safe for staff and students.
- Oversee Staff Cooperative and Thrift society.
- Develop staff retreat and bonding activities.
- Ensure prompt payment of staff salaries, pension and other entitlements.
- Supervise staff remuneration sharing for clubs, extra lessons and any other services approved by the ED.
- Manage school drivers and bus services.
10. SCHOOL FACILITY
- Keep track of school facility in collaboration with the Facility Manager.
11. STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
- Improve on the performance development and appraisal systems – adopt the 360 degrees appraisal system
- Develop career and succession plan and employee development
- Responsible for cost reductions and the measurement of all HR programs and processes.
As assigned by the SLT.
Apply to this job and send resume to: https://ngcareers.com/g/67708
This job ad was provided by career portal NgCareers.
Find desired job in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin city, Aba, Oyo, Enugu or any other place in Nigeria. Use our Job Alert feature and get personalised job proposals as soon as they are published.