Current Jobs at S&S Hotels and Suites
Job opening: hotel, travel jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Current Jobs at S&S Hotels and Suites
Current Jobs at S&S Hotels and Suites
personified by the warmth and dedication of our staff, as well as the discerning leisure traveler seeking the captivating dining and limitless nightlife destinations within walking distance of the hotel.
Described as an urban oasis, this luxury boutique hotel nestled in the heart of Victoria Island, the business capital of Lagos, offers unique style, spacious guestrooms and suites and especially gracious services that make it an ideal getaway spot for business and leisure travelers alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- The Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for any and all administrative items required to service the operation of the organization.
- Ensures that organization provides an environment that is clean, safe, and enjoyable for members and employees.
- Contributes to the success and profitability of the organization through delivery of excellent member services for high member and employee retention, and effective expense controls.
- Trains and develops employees to grow with the company.
- Supports the mission statement of ‘Providing an appropriate lifestyle’ by setting a good example for employees and members through effective managerial practices.
- Directly responsible for managing the Front Desk, Custodial, and all Departments by setting direction and providing leadership.
- Manages Front Desk retail inventory to attain goals and profitability. Teach staff suggestive selling techniques and monitor sales achievements.
- Ensures inventory records are maintained and shortages properly recorded. Operations Manager works with GM and supplier to maintain the proper inventory and profits
- Sets the example for “excellence in member service” for all employees.
- Must have the ability to perform and train staff on all the operational functions of the organization for Front Desk (including complete knowledge of operating POS check-in computer system), and Custodial.
- Understands the complete operation of all other departments of the organization to assist or give direction when necessary and in the absence of the GM.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, and evaluating the staff for Front Desk, and Custodial. At the direction of the GM, assist with the hiring and training of other departments.
- Ensures all employees complete required training in the prescribed timeframes and follows-up to ensure training is properly recorded in the training database.
- Develops, reviews, and approves department schedules to ensure they are within the budgeted guidelines and provide optimum coverage utilizing usage reports to serve as a tool in determining optimum scheduling for delivering excellent member services.
- Ensures all schedules are entered and maintained in club timekeeping system.
- Works with Department Team Leaders and GM on Human Resources and Payroll related requirements for all paperwork for new hires, timekeeping, payroll adjustments, time off requests, audits of employee time records, terminations, and all other employee matters in a timely manner.
- Manages the proper completion and procedures including: Guest Waivers, Tanning Waivers, sales/follow up by other management staff as needed, audits and reports, and member renewals.
- Manages the proper completion and procedures including: AP management, deliveries, POS reviews.
- Teach on the spot coaching to Team Leaders to assist in their development.
- Conducts daily walkthroughs of facility using checklist of direct areas of responsibility or entire organization in the absence of or direction of the GM to ensure that the organization is clean, safe, and maintained.
- Inspects equipment daily for preventative maintenance or repairs.
- Prepares equipment repair list and follows-up to ensure repairs are completed.
- Ensures all Company policies and procedures are consistent by clearly understanding them in order to properly train, communicate, and explain to employees.
- Provides coaching or corrective action with employees to ensure job responsibilities are met and members serviced. Prepares documentation to support the action.
- Follows up to make sure the Equipment Maintenance Log is completed daily.
- Responsible for managing employee or member injury/accident incidents by investigating incident, completion of forms, follow-up on safety area, and report all facts to Human Resources and District Management.
- Conducts weekly department team leader meetings for direct report departments and/or in conjunction with GM for all departments. As well as conducting monthly all-staff meetings to effectively communicate pertinent Club and Corporate policies as directed by GM.
- Inventory administration. Maintains department inventory supplies to ensure the organization is in stock at all times by accurate record keeping.
- Orders supplies for front desk, towels, janitorial, pool/spa, POS, equipment parts, office. Maintains expense control of supplies.
- Manages all Purchase Orders.
- Participates in the annual Health Department Inspections with inspector. Check and review status per count rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of one year prior supervisory experience.
- Outstanding organization and strong time management skills.
- Work quality must be highly accurate, timely, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Excellent task completion and follow-through skills.
- Current CPR certification or ability to pass CPR certification within 60 days.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, cooperation and ability to work well with all parties.
- Maintaining focus in a sometimes hectic and evolving environment.
- Prior experience in scheduling plus.
- Previous inventory control experience.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Experience in the service industry.
- Computer literate - proficient with MS Office.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately;
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival
- Maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- File and maintain records.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Perform duties, such as taking care of plants or straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Keep a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Minimum of OND/HND in any relevant field.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be a computer literate.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good verbal reasoning, written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidate should send their cover note and CV's to:
Application Deadline 25th February, 2016.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!