Job opening: hotel, travel jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Catering managers are responsible for monitoring the quality of the food and service and for making sure that their outlets perform well. The most important part of the job is achieving good quality at low cost and maintaining high standards of hygiene and personnel satisfaction. Typical activities include:
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs
- Ordering supplies
- Hiring, training, supervising and motivating permanent and casual staff
- Organising staff rotas
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived.
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided
- Keeping to budgets and maintaining financial and administrative records.
Key skills for catering managers:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services
- Good business and commercial acumen
- Strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff
- The ability to think quickly, work in stressful circumstances and stay calm in a crisis
- Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including HACCP) and food preparation.
Entry is possible without a higher education qualification. While open to graduates from all disciplines, Lite Shore value relevant qualifications such as:
- Catering/culinary management
- Hospitality management
- Food science and technology
- Hotel and restaurant management
- Hospitality, leisure and tourism
- International hospitality management
- Business/management studies
- Home economics/nutrition.
Qualified and interested applicants should forward detailed of their credentials via not later than six(6) weeks from firstname.lastname@example.org