Job opening: healthcare jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the work plan activities in the State and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of work plan.
- Provide technical support to the LOPIN partners and Government counterpart to build their capacity to implement IYCF activities and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Responsible for facilitation of trainings, support State level planning and activities for World Breastfeeding week and other nutrition activities as agreed in the annual work plan.
- Under the Supervision of Nutrition Advisor, manage the preparation, coordination, and execution for special technical events, such as trainings
- Participate in meetings, seminars, debriefings and other technical meetings.
- Compile State level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
- Develop State level annual, quarterly and monthly work plans as agreed with the line manager.
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of SPRING technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops.
- Support the work of consultants in the States as needs arise.
- Document technical team meetings, partner meetings, conferences, and workshops, so that notes are around to team members not in attendance and to SPRING/HQ.
- Provide support on technical initiatives, including performing literature searches, investigating key issues, and contributing to technical activities as required.
- Maintain good relationship with Government and Non-Government partners working on Nutrition in the State.
- Represent SPRING in State level meetings such as SCFN, working groups, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the SPRING/Nigeria Country Manager and Nutrition Advisor and other members of the SPRING staff, including coordination of travel and assisting SPRING/HQ staff when in country.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies; comply strictly with security procedures and other staff policies.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in the field of nutrition, health, or development.
- Experience working with an international NGO a plus.
- Interest in development issues.
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting, with limited supervision.
- Fluency in English and Yoruba.
- Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners; ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!