MANAGEMENT SCIENCES FOR HEALTH (MSH)
Job opening: healthcare jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting for various positions
MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, nongovernmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Position: Chief of Party- Malaria Proposalâ
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Medford, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live by our mission to save lives and improve the health of the worldâs poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
MSH is seeking highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID funded malaria program in Nigeria. This program will strengthen delivery of malaria case management: delivery of quality services for management of malaria and its complications, prevention of malaria in pregnancy, and integrated community case management. Availability of the position is contingent upon issuance of a USAID funding mechanism, and selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in Nigeria.
The Chief of Party leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) client(s) and stakeholder(s) relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other MSH projects and collaboration with the MSH Country Representative and the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU). In the role of Chief of Party, s/he ensures that the Program has a strategic vision of success, and deploys all resources â financial, technical, and human - in support of these strategies and plans. S/he is aware of and adheres to MSHâs Procurement Integrity standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
1. The Chief of Party oversees implementation of program activities and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
2. S/he serves as the primary project liaison from MSH to the donor and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met.
3. S/he adapts and implements management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement, ensuring sufficient financial staff for disbursing all local costs under this project, monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports of project expenditures for submission to USAID.
4. The Chief of Party collaborates with partners, donor, and stakeholder representatives, building and maintaining productive relationships.
5. S/he supervises direct reports with a particular focus on achievement of their key tasks and project deliverables.
6. S/he communicates, implements, and assures adherence to MSH and project policies, guidelines and values; develops staff skills and knowledge; and facilitates supervisee success and professional development whenever possible.
7. The Chief of Party serves as the primary liaison for communication with USAID/Nigeria, US Government representatives, partners, civil society organizations, appropriate officials from the Government of Nigeria and representatives from other donor and development agencies.
QualificationsA Mastersâ degree in a relevant field (management, public health, international development) from an accredited college or university. Experience in public health in developing and/or transitional countries managing the operational and organizational aspects of similar health projects including staff supervision and oversight of operational procedures and policies; preference given to those with experience in Nigeria. Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams. A minimum of 10 years of project management experience (of which at least half is in a senior management position) in large, multi-year international health sector development programs that increase uptake of evidence based interventions in malaria or MNCH. Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in malaria and two or more of the following areas: health service delivery, service quality improvement, malaria prevention, malaria treatment and diagnosis, behavior change communications, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation. Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, cross-cultural, collaboration and negotiation skills are essential. Ability to delegate effectively Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions Willingness to travel within project areas as needed. Excellent written communication in English is required.
Job Portal in Nigeria | A Property of JOBGURUS SERVICES