Health Reform Foundation of Nigeria
Job opening: healthcare jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Health Reform Foundation of Nigeria
Health Reform Foundation of Nigeria (HERFON) recruitment, February 2016
membership organization which cuts across all strata of society. The main purpose of the organization is to define reform agendas within the health sector in Nigeria, independently or in collaboration with government and other key stakeholders, using advocacy as its main approach.
HERFON has its Headquarters in Abuja with chapters in all 36 states and the FCT. The Abuja office now wishes to recruit self-motivated professionals to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager (SFM)
- The position holder will be responsible for all the accounting functions of the organization including payroll, monitoring and reconciliation of headquarters and state accounts, monitoring of project advances and ensuring compliance to financial instructions of the Foundation, donor bodies and funders.
- First degree or equivalent in Accounting, Preferred for a higher qualification
- Good Knowledge of Computer application and accounting software
- Cost Management skills
- Relevant professional qualifications E.g ICAN, ANAN
- Knowledge and working experience of public sector environment and Donor funding processes
- 5 years post qualification experience in accounting / audit functions.
Job Title: Communication and IT Officer (CITO)
- The position holder will be responsible for all the IT, Communication, Social Media functions of the organizations including Computer hardware and software maintenance, management of internet, websites, PABX and other Communication equipment and Database management.
- Successful candidate will also anchor production of HERFON's 'PACE' Newsletter.
- Good knowledge of public health is an advantage.
- First Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, preference for higher qualifications
- Good knowledge of computer applications and software
- Relevant Professional qualifications
- Professional Skills
- 5 years post qualification experience with 2 years' experience in Hard and software engineering and management will be added advantage.
- Must have demonstrable skill in written and interpersonal communications, as well as public speaking and media engagements.
- Experience in handling the media and social media compliant/savvy.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player
- Must be energetic and have a passion for Health Reform
Job Title: Internal Auditor/Compliant Officer (IA/CO)
- The position holder will be responsible for all the internal control and internal audit functions of the organization including the review of internal Control systems of the organization, Reviewing, updating and ensuring compliance to Financial Instructions, Financial Rule and Guidelines and Accounting Manuals, Monitoring and Reconciliation of Headquarter and State accounts, monitoring of project Advances.
- Develop Audit programme and ensure effective internal control measures are put in place to reduce loss of fund.
- First Degree in Accounting or equivalent preference for higher qualifications.
- Good knowledge of computer application and software.
- Auditing skills.
- Financial control/Cost Management skills.
- Relevant professional qualifications E.g ICAN, ANAN.
- Negotiation skills.
- Professional auditing skills.
- 5 years post qualification experience in audit firm or financial control position.
Job Title: Health Policy and Research Manager (HPRM)
- The position holder will drive the generation of evidence for HERFON programmes and activities, as well as recommend and make available the latest and relevant health research for updating the HERFON Resource Center.
- He / She will also ensure that HERFON research articles are published regularly in National, Regional and International Health Journals and will be the key staff member for the Coordination of the National Health Review publications and issues related to health policy activities of the Foundation.
- Possession of an advanced Degree in Public Health, Social Science or Biological Science
- Demonstrable track record of publishing health research publications (minimum of 5)
- Must have demonstrable skills in technical writing, especially policy briefs.
- Must have experience in Health Policy Analysis and Research Methodology
- Must have strong IT skills and have experience with SPSS or other data analytical software
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience in the health sector preferred
- Must be self-starter and a team player
- Must be energetic and have a position for Health Reform.
Job Title: Executive Secretary (ES)
- HERFON seeks a competent, dynamic and charismatic Executive Secretary who must have administrative, strategic and technical management skills so that he or she can initiate, promote, facilitate, support and monitor sustainable health sector reform initiatives in line with National health priorities.
- He or she must have the necessary communication and negotiation skills for the mobilization of resources (local and foreign); and their equitable application in attaining HERFON objectives.
- The job holder must also be capable of playing advocacy and leadership roles in all sectors of HERFON activities.
- HERFON being a membership organization, he or she must be accessible to the Foundation's membership.
- Reporting to the HERFON Board, the Executive Secretary is accountable for the overall leadership, executive management, strategic directions, partnerships, and institutional success of HERFON, and for ensuring its efficient and effective operation.
- The successful candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Health System/Sector.
- He or she must possess an advanced University Degree in Health Sciences.
- An additional postgraduate Degree or Diploma in Public Health, Development Studies, Business Administration or Management will be an advantage.
- The candidate must also have a minimum 10 - 15 years managerial experience with the emphasis on strategy and leadership as well as 7-10 years minimum experience in the health sector.
- He or she must have work experience with Development Partners and the Donor Community for at least 3 -5 years.
- Work as a Change Agent and/or at managerial level in NGOs will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Programme Manager (PM)
- The candidate for this position will be responsible for all Projects in HERFON. This position requires a graduate in Medical Sciences or Health related field.
- The candidate is required to have good understanding of Health Systems, Immunization Systems, HIV/AIDS systems and other public health priorities.
- A good understanding of Nigeria Health Sector Reform programme would be an advantage.
- A good IT skills and previous experience in donor programmes is necessary.
- He / She should have good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- This is a senior position in the organization hence the candidate is required to have previous Programmes experience with demonstrable competency and skills in project execution.
- He / She should have at least 10 years past graduation experience, 5 of which should be at the senior position in the Health Sector.
- Experience in International programme would be an advantage.
- Our ideal person should a team player, have drive, energy and good personal appearance.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (BDM)
- Business Development Manager (BDM) provides overall guidance for the execution of business development strategies that align with HERFONs priorities, mission, vision, and core values.
- He / She will collaborate with internal stakeholders across the organization to align business development policies, strategies, systems, structures and approaches with the organization's strategic priorities related to organizational growth and programme development.
- The Manager is responsible for providing overall direction and guidance for the continuous improvement of new business development procedures and processes, specifically in support of fundraising, proposal planning, and development; donor prospecting and strategic prioritizing; and donor relationship cultivation and stewardship to ensure that HERFON's new business development efforts are efficient, effective and of the highest possible quality.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualification.
Competitive and Attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application electronically to: with reference 'HERFON/RECRUITMENT/2016'.
- Applicant must provide a one-page Application letter stating their reason for applying and how they envision leading HERFON should they be given the opportunity.
- Applicant must also attach a comprehensive and up to date Curriculum Vitae (not longer than Five pages typed single-spacing).
- Providing personal details educations and training, work experience, professional affiliation, and key publications. They should also indicate timing of their availability to assume duties should they be offered the position, as well as salary expectation.
- Only in very exceptional case(s) of internet challenge would hard copy application be accepted.
Application Deadline 18th February, 2016.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!