Health And Safety Officer
Job opening: healthcare jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Health And Safety Officer
- The Health & Safety officer will make sure they comply with health and safety legislation.
- Will help to develop and implement policies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation for best practices.
- It will be your responsibility to develop and maintain all HSE certifications.
- You will perform risk assessment, assist line managers to investigate incidents and identify employee taining needs.
- •Help to reduce and prevent hazards, dangers and accidents and also ensures the health and safety of the workers but also of the workplace, environment and general public.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are in place, communicated and enforced
- Manage and control all Health and Safety systems to ensure that the required daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures are correctly implemented and on schedule
- Ensures the company is compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Liaise with HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of the company when required to do so
- Manage Employers Liability Insurance Claims database and files
- Carry out inspections on facilities, machinery and safety equipment to highlight potential hazards, to assess any risks of these hazards, and address any possible hazards to avoid workplace accidents or incidents
- Conduct fire drills to ensure all employees understand what to do in case of emergency and to ensure that the equipment is working sufficiently
- Conduct investigations into accidents, emergencies and near misses to determine causes and preventative measures
- Provide information, advice and support to the management team on all aspects of Health and safety across the site
- Conducts training with employees to ensure that they are aware of the regulations and procedures and provide guidance
- Management of Site security
- Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents
- Chair Health and Safety Committee meetings; coordinate meetings, agendas, minutes and follow-up on action plans
- Any other duties as directed by management.
- Preferentially with an Engineering background, candidates must display an overwhelming desire to ensure compliance of Health and Safety Legislation at all times
- Minimum of 2-3 years Health and Safety Experience
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and Communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven Presentation skills
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, e-mail, internet functions and other programs
- Strong organization skills and ability to work in a fast moving environment
- High level of initiative and proven experience of working independently
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!