Environmental Health Officer
Job opening: healthcare jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Responsible for investigating incidents that affect health such as pollution, accidents at work, noise control, toxic contamination, pest infestations, food poisoning and waste management. Also includes advisory work, education and law enforcement. A large amount of time is spent away from the office visiting properties such as farms, shops, food outlets, private/public accommodation, commercial premises, manufacturers and industrial organizations. In addition (major) to inspections, responsibilities include:
- Compiling reports
- Providing training courses
- Gathering samples to be tested
- Investigating complaints
- Serving legal notices
- Providing evidence in court
- Liaising with other organizations
Qualifications and training required:
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health approved degree and completing an assessment of professional development.
Key skills for Environmental Health Officers
- Graduates who have excellent communication, team working and interpersonal skills in order to explain complex legislation and procedures to people from all backgrounds. * * High level of attention to detail and to ability to analyze problems and find solutions.