Job opening: engineering, architecture jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Manages and coordinate the deployment and activities of welding personnel and equipment within an assigned project or area of work
- Ensure all work activities are undertaken in compliance with HSEQ manual, Safe Work Practises, Project Specifications, Weld Procedure Specifications and relevant Codes and Standards
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery in accordance with Project Schedules
- Safety of all personnel
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with HSEQ manual, Project Specifications and all relevant procedures.
- Ensure welding equipment is available and ready in accordance with project plans and schedules.
- Ensure all welders have the appropriate training, competency assessments and welding qualifications for the work to be undertaken.
- Manage all welding and associated activities carried out within assigned work area.
- Identify manpower and equipment requirements for the assigned work.
- Allocate welding resources and equipment to work areas.
- Advise the Welding Engineer on welders’ abilities.
- Conduct surveillance monitoring of welding electrodes to be utilised in accordance with approved Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Ensure correct Weld Identifications are marked up on completed welds.
- Ensure completed welds are of satisfactory appearance/cleanliness and suitable for Visual Inspections/Non Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Ensure Daily Welding Records are raised on a daily basis for each welder and passed to the Welding Inspector.
- Request final visual inspections in accordance with Project Specifications.
- Monitor productivity, repair rates and schedule performance and be pro-active in investigating the reasons for poor performance and implementing corrective measures.
- Ensure all welding equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Ensure all equipment being used is functioning properly and has the required certification and calibrations in place.
- Ensure plant and equipment is made available for scheduled inspection and maintenance.
- Liaise with the Welding Engineer for setting up and conducting Weld Procedure Qualification Tests and Welder Qualification Tests.
- Arrange equipment and personnel to carry out weld procedure qualifications.
- Liaise with the Training Manager on Welder Training requirements.
- Report non-conformances associated with welding operations.
- Conduct random inspections of welding electrode type and size in use during production.
- Conduct random inspections of weld preparations and set-ups prior to welding.
- Ensure all welding personnel are fully aware of the importance of internal cleanliness (debris) in fabricated and erected pipework.
- Ensure all welders are conversant with the Welding Procedure Specifications to which they are working.
- Conduct random monitoring of welding controls as detailed in the Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs) during the welding cycle.
- Notify the Welding Inspectors on completion of welded joints.
- Allocation of work fronts to Welding Supervisors.
- Ensure all welding personnel within the work area understand and operate to the required quality procedures efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist and advise in the preparation of construction methods and welding sequences.
- Prepare Task Risk Assessments as required.
- Participate in Toolbox Talks.
- Identify, stop and immediately correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Liaise with welding engineer with respect to welding development and welding procedures.
- Liaise with other craft superintendents within assigned project.
- Work with Construction Managers & Welding Superintendents on other projects to ensure the most efficient use of equipment across the facility.
- Give clear and concise instructions to team members and follow up to ensure safe and timely execution.
- Ensure good discipline is maintained.
- Hold members of the welding team accountable for work performance as per their roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrate good planning and organisation in day to day activities.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process within the operation of the welding department.
- Set professional standards of behaviour.
- Contribute to overall construction plans by considering efficient and effective methods of executing the work.
- Attend meetings as required, on time and prepared.
- Share the workload of other welding superintendents during leave rotations.
- Mentor, train and assess Nigerian national personnel under his/her control.
- Listen to and evaluate any employee concerns.
- Fabrication/Rigging/Scaffolding Superintendents/Supervisors
- QA/QC Manager & HSE Manager
- Welding Engineers
- Training Department
- Warehouse/Stores Controller & Supply Chain
- Maintenance Manager
- Client’s representatives as required
- External auditors as required
- Welding Manager
- Welding Supervisors, Welding Foremen, Welders, Helpers
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!