Welder - Shipyard
Job opening: engineering, architecture jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Welder - Shipyard
- Shall be able to deposit a sound weld which will be inspected by certified welding inspector and tested for its conformity.
- Knowledge about various welding consumables and its maintenance.
- Up to date knowledge of welding safety and equipment safety.
- Ability to read and understand welding procedures, specifications etc.
- Reading of drawings and instructions, layout and fabrication of systems as request.
- Ability to work on Carbon Steel, Arc, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, special alloy and Aluminum etc.
- Ability to carry out SMAW, TIG, MIG, Gas, etc welding in all positions on Pipelines, Vessels structures and equipment.
- Ability to carry out Soldering and Brazing works.
- Being able to qualify for the all welding procedures and standards.
- Understand and apply the plant safety standards and maintenance procedures while performing the work.
- In addition to his normal jobs, he should assist and participate in other maintenance activities.
- Will be subject to internal training on safety, quality improvement tools to participate in Nigerdock continuous improvement.
- Understands and apply safety standards and maintenance procedures while performing the work.
- Fluent knowledge of English language (speak, read, and write).
- Graduate certification from High School.
- Craft Certificate from a recognized institution as welder trade (ITI certificate).
- Holds weld certificate on welding procedures in GAS, ARC, and MIG & TIG welding to relevant ASME, BS and API codes.
- Minimum eight years work experience as a Welder.
- Ability to perform work independently work normally performed by this craft.
- Welders shall require monitoring by contractor QA/QC program to qualify and to re qualify for welding procedures required to perform work.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!