Job opening: engineering, architecture jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Knowledge of trade terminology (i.e. lifting equipment, lifting accessories, slings, shackles, wires, ropes, chains, cables, nets etc.).
- The incumbent will make sure that gears for a lifting is conveyed to work site; and reporting of any defective rigging gear to Supervisor.
- Knowledge of types and layout of drawings such as structural, layout, plant, equipment detail drawings etc.
- Knowledge of abbreviations and drafting symbols such as lines, piping and fitting symbols, and control symbols commonly used.
- Have the ability to recognize types of lifting equipment (i.e. wire rope hoists, beam clamps, beam trolleys, plate clamps, sheave blocks, winches etc.).
- Have the ability to recognize types of lifting accessories (i.e. slings, shackles, wires, ropes, chains, cables, nets etc.).
- Have knowledge and ability to determine if lifting equipment and lifting accessories are safe to use.
- Have the ability to read and interpret, prepare and sign safety documents (i.e. PTW, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA), Lifting Risk Assessment (TRA) etc.).
- Have the ability to store and assemble lifting equipment and lifting accessories in a safe location
- Ability to report effectively to his superior/higher authority of any case of defective gears.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Rigging Manager.
- Fabrication Manger.
- Rigger and other Staff.
- Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Must possess a Rigging Certificate from a certified professional body.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
- 7 years’ experience in major Oil & Gas EPC projects must possess vast Knowledge in the fabrication industry.
- Safety certificate (general) and other safety certification will be an added advantage.
- Responsible for the execution and application of the HSE procedures within his work area.
- Should have good communication skills and report writing abilities.
- Should have vase experience in fitting with good supervisory qualities.