Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job opening: engineering, architecture jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Reporting to the Knowledge and Communications Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for ensuring that the project has the systems and the capacity for carrying out effective monitoring and evaluation.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project collates the key information and data necessary for DFATD and Cuso International reporting requirements and in supporting other staff and partners to assist in this.
- To do this the post holder will be responsible for the implementation of the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) that enables complex monitoring of the beneficiaries and impacts of the program to take place.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Implement the performance monitoring plan with all relevant staff, volunteers and partners
- In conjunction with the Knowledge and Communications Manager and the M&E consultant collaborate with project staff and partners to develop evaluation plans/frameworks, data collection protocols, tools and systems
- Ensure that the MEAL system fully reflects and incorporates Cuso International’s gender equality commitments as outlined in the Gender Equality Policy, Strategy and Approach
- Support the regular production and updating of key lessons learned from the project
- Produce quality and timely results reports
- Assist the Knowledge and Communications Manager in ensuring the implementation of all aspects of the YouLead MEAL system in close collaboration with the Cuso International MEAL Team
- Work with the project staff to improve YouLead accountability to our local beneficiaries and other stakeholders
Support baseline survey, internal mid-year and annual reviews and external program evaluations
- Aid the Knowledge and Communication Manager with regards to data collection and investigation analysis and provide regular updates
- Responsible for maintaining, supporting and introducing data into computer
- Assist the JDPC and CA to develop appropriate analysis tools for M&E, and information gathering systems to input into program process, outcome and impact measurement
- Provide feedback to YouLead and Cuso International based on quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports and analysis of impact data received on a monthly basis
- Inform and advise the Knowledge and Communications Manager on M&E strategic directions
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Knowledge and Communication Manager, from time to time
- Carry out any other duties as required by the YouLead Project Director, from time to time
- Person Specification
- Significant practical, analytical and theoretical knowledge and experience of international development work in Nigeria including:
- An appreciation of the contribution volunteering in its many forms can bring to development
- A strong awareness of gender and equity issues and knowledge of issues affecting young women and men (key target groups for YouLead)
- An appreciation of the contribution that the private sector and business development approaches can bring to development
- Proven ongoing commitment to staying abreast of current development thinking
- Technical knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation.
Significant proven experience with:
- Logic model approach and other strategic planning approaches
- M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory)
- Planning and implementation of M&E systems
- Training in M&E development and implementation
- Facilitating learning-orientated analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders
- A solid understanding of rural development, with a focus on participatory processes and joint management
- Strong awareness of gender and equity issues and knowledge of issues affecting young women and men
- Demonstrated experience of integrating and measuring gender equality results including:
- Gender disaggregated and gender sensitive baselines, indicators and targets
- Gender sensitive data collection & analysis
- Gender equality performance objectives for volunteers and consultants
- Gender equality objectives in partner’s capacity building plans
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for monitoring and evaluation
Communication, representation and networking:
- Excellent communication skills the ability to articulate project views efficiently and positively in various formats, including speech, panel, debate and group discussion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate good practices and learning in working with both young women and men that contributes to breaking down negative gender and generational stereotypes
- Ability to present and represent Cuso International in a variety of communicate media to a variety of audiences including government, private sector, donors and civil society
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships, alliances and networks in a fast paced ever changing work dynamic.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a number of teams, in a multi-cultural context and where teams may be geographically dispersed
- Proven ability to be self-serving in IT (Outlook, Email, databases, basic excel, Powerpoint) and willingness to develop IT skills in order to improve effectiveness at work
- Experience in data processing
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good time management, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Minimum 3 years development experience, with at least 2 years working in monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs preferably in the area of wealth, economic and enterprise development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Social Sciences, Statistics, Development or related discipline
- Demonstrated skills in strategic M&E planning, CSO capacity building, community-based mobilization, entrepreneurial skills and employment initiatives for community groups and vulnerable populations.
- Familiarity with logic model approach and proven ability to fulfill reporting requirements
- Experience of developing and facilitating M&E training/skills building workshops for community based organizations
- Proven ability in networking among, promoting and collaborating closely with state and community-level stakeholders
- Numerate and familiar with analysis of statistical data using SurveyMonkey and SPSS
- English essential
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should must be forwarded to the e-mail, with the competition number: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer 2015-47 clearly marked as the subject number.
- CV must be 3 pages in length maximum and covering letter must be 1 page long maximum.
- To be considered, your résumé and cover letter should demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.