System Strengthening/EMIS Officer
Job opening: education, teaching jobs, jobs in Nigeria
System Strengthening/EMIS Officer
- The System Strengthening/EMIS Officer will provide technical assistance on education information management systems project-wide and will be responsible for overseeing policy-related activities.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the State Team Leader.
- Support the development of a common web-based EMIS using existing open source software that can be customized by state and LGEAs to meet unique information needs;
- Provide ongoing technical support to ministries, departments, and agencies staff to review progress, “trouble shoot” problems, and support use of EMIS data;
- Provide support for inter-state training for SMOE, SUBEB, and planners, analysts, and policy makers focused on gathering, analyzing and using data from the EMIS, reading assessments, evaluations, and research to make decisions and plan education improvement initiatives;
- Support planners and policy makers to use data for quality decision-making;
- Provide assistance in setting up systems to gather data for access to quality education at the state level.
- Facilitate a process with state governments and other stakeholders to map and review existing education policy frameworks, especially around systems, access, reading instruction, and assessment.
- Work with FMOE, SMOEs, UBEC, NMEC, SUBEB, SAME, MORA to provide support to sustain existing policy initiatives and facilitate development and implementation of new policies, particularly in the areas of systems, access, reading instruction, assessment, and accountability;
- Facilitate policy review meetings with regard to reading and access to track progress in implementing new policies, identify corrective actions to speed implementation, and develop tools to assess impact;
- Improve the capacity of government education officials to develop leadership, managerial, and supervisory skills to effectively implement policies and regulations with regard to access and reading.
- Provide coaching on various issues including data analysis and evidence-based decision making, monitoring, and staff mentoring.
- Support dissemination of new policies and opportunities for bottom-up feedback at all levels through state-level workshops involving government education officials; community meetings; IT; paper publications; and ongoing media campaigns.
- At least 8 years of work experience with EMIS with international development organizations or in an international development context.
- Experience in data collection procedures, systems design, systems analysis, and information systems project management.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing policy frameworks, preferably in the field of education.
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and state levels.
- Demonstrated expertise in policy mapping.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy or related field.
- Fluency in English.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a current resume or CV listing all job responsibilities and cover letter as one Word or PDF document to the "Human Resources Manager" at the e-mail.
- Bauchi state indigenes and females are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate should indicate the position and location for which he is applying for in the Subject of the email.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!