Job opening: education, teaching jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Reading Officer provides overall technical oversight and guidance to the project’s support to improved reading instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the State Team Leader.
- He/she supervises the production of all NEI+-supported reading material, all NEI+-supported trainings in reading, all teacher and classroom supervision and monitoring and all student testing efforts.
- He/she ensures complementarity of activity approaches in reading across the three NEI+ activity states, liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters, and bears ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in NEI+ public, IQTE, and NFLC schools achieve improved outcomes in reading.
- It is expected that the reading specialist will work directly with the Hausa and English language experts
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Education, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading.
- At least 8 years of experience in programs in sub-Saharan Africa that work specifically to improve early grade reading is required.
- Prior experience with the development of early grade reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, is required.
- Prior experience with supporting civil-society based monitoring of reading outcomes is required.
- Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English. It is preferred, but not required, that the candidate be conversant and fluent in written Hausa.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a current resume or CV listing all job responsibilities and cover letter as one Word or PDF document to the "Human Resources Manager" at the e-mail.
- Bauchi state indigenes and females are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate should indicate the position and location for which he is applying for in the Subject of the email.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!