Senior Vice President
Job opening: customer service jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Senior Vice President
- The Senior Vice President reports directly to and will support the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank.
- S/he must be a top-performer and achiever, with extensive managerial experience in driving change and achieving transformative results.
- The ideal candidate must be dynamic and results-driven with a proven record of effectively running large and complex international institutions (public and private).
- Extensive senior-level experience in multilateral development finance institutions will be a distinct advantage.
- The incumbent will support the President to drive and deliver the Bank’s operations across Africa and ensure a performance-driven culture with sharp focus on institutional efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the President to deliver on the Strategic direction of the Bank and drive a performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- Streamline all processes and systems of the Bank to become more efficient, effective and build accountability systems for results and performance.
- Support the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank’s affairs, lead senior management discussions and decisions as well as the implementation of key board and management decisions.
- Ensure day-to-day management of the Bank with due regard to efficiency, effectiveness and results and undertake tasks delegated by the President.
- Build organizational capability and effectiveness and provide operational guidance, cross sectoral and cross-complex leadership in the execution of the Bank’s programs and activities.
- Ensure strategy execution, corporate planning and efficient coordination to achieve corporate coherence.
- Lead and coordinate the effective implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- Supervise the Units/Departments directly reporting to his/her Office, namely: Strategy and Operational Policies, Results and Quality Assurance, Business Development Office, Delivery and Performance Management Office, Staff Appeals Committee, Ombudsman, Director Senior Vice President’s Office, Programming and Budget, Operations Committee Secretariat, Asia External Representation Office, Decentralization and Sanctions Office.
- Chair Senior Management Committees including Senior Management Coordinating Committee (SMCC) and Operations Committee (OpsCom) as well as other Bank-wide committees’ discussions as appropriate bringing to the attention of the President any issues arising.
- Advise the President on emerging issues of corporate significance for strategy management, resource allocation and performance monitoring.
- Provide guidance and support to Vice Presidents in the execution of their functions.
- In the discharge of his/her duties, the Senior Vice President will as needed:
- Bring together virtual teams from time to time to facilitate effective coordination between different Complexes.
- Undertake periodic assessments of progress on specific corporate issues which span across Complexes and advise the President accordingly.
- At least, a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant direct private or development sector experience of which 10 years will be at senior management level.
- Excellent capacity for strategic leadership and ability to drive result and execution.
- Solid credibility on development issues, underpinned by multiple regional/global and cross-sectoral experience; understanding of both public and private sector perspectives; experience in change management would be an asset.
- Strong motivation and ability to work under pressure, to drive the achievement of organisational goals and results.
- Demonstrated superior leadership qualities, first-rate interpersonal skills, strategic mindset with ability to balance long-term and short-term trade-offs and the ability to manage change.
- Excellent technical, analytical skills and established operational track record of excellence in achieving results.
- Proven ability to identify and articulate policy issues, tradeoffs and priorities to provide sound advice.
- Demonstrated ability to work across institutional boundaries with various teams, build and lead a team of professional staff, and utilize talent and expertise of team members in a productive way.
- Ability to build partnerships and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work on a variety of issues within very short deadlines, to take prudent risks and make effective and timely decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written communications).
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of successful performance in a multicultural and complex environment.
- Proven track record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively mentor and guide groups of professional staff and design training/skills enhancement initiatives to ensure effective transfer of knowledge/skills.
- Ability to communicate and defend orally and in writing, complex issues and positions to Senior Bank Management, the Board of Executive Directors, Government officials, Civil Society Organizations, etc.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix management environment, both as team leader and team member.
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!