Job opening: customer service jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Legal Counsel will drive and manage all internal legal (or related) engagement & will be responsible for legal compliance across the company.
- He/She will work closely with other executives across the company.
- This role will require transaction and corporate law experience and a strong interest in technology and finance.
- Provide legal counsel to Group CEO and the company's executives and assist in due diligence, transaction structuring, drafting of terms sheets and key agreements, and manage external counsel; including issues relating to the company, it's entity companies, and it's investee companies
- Support business negotiation and drive drafting and review of contracts, license agreements, and regional or country specific legal issues
- Contribute to the development and management of a high performing legal department, including but not limited to developing internal policies, developing and managing budget and resources of legal department, providing required training and mentorship to junior legal counsels and supporting the identification and recruitment of high potential junior legal counsels
- Lead legal action and drive all legal proceedings involving the company and its interests (e.g., hiring, vendor agreement)
- Manage relationship with governmental bodies and ensure full compliance with the local regulations and new legislative changes
- Formulate, provide, advise and/or review all contracts/agreements between the Company, third parties, and new joint ventures, to ensure that the Company's interest is protected and the best commercial position maintained
- Ensure all legal processes are in compliance with Company's Code of Business ethics and standards
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- LLB (or equivalent) Degree from a reputable institution
- Strong Undergraduate and Postgraduate Academic Records
- A Master's Degree will be an added advantage
- 8+ years of experience as an attorney in a fast growing technology company and/or reputable law firm serving clients in the Technology, Financial Services, FinTech or related industries
- Ability to assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice relating to complex business
- Experience working on complex legal problems relating to cross-border transactional law, corporate law, and labour law
- Strong understanding of legal issues relating to intellectual property, privacy, data security, and open source development
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating regulatory permits/licenses
- Experience working with multiple business functions and internal clients (e.g., Finance, Sales/Business Development, Engineering, Product Management, IT)
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication and time-managementproject management skills
- Result and execution oriented professional
- Excellent leadership, stakeholder management and analytical skills
- Tolerance for ambiguity with the intellectual depth to develop structured path forward
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!