Job opening: customer service jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Reporting to the Knowledge and Communications Manager, the Communications Officer is responsible for the implementation of the communication strategy and providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders.
- Develop close working relationship with project partners and stakeholders - all parties required to establish a shared vision of the project and achieve results
- Coordinate the production of communication material for the project ensuring compliance with Cuso International communication protocols and policies
- Implement the project communication strategy
- Liaise with the Cuso International communication team
- Ensure high quality of YouLead public documents, reports, and communication materials
- Message development to inspire change within and outside the organization: adapted to targeted audiences, context and institutional priorities, promoting sense of shared purpose related to the YouLead cause. Internally and externally contributing to build a volunteer corps driven by a culture of commitment and passion; messages to attract support and inputs that motivate change in social norms that engender discrimination against the youth.
- Consolidation of Media Relations, Strategic Partnerships & Networking to promote public representation and visibility of YouLead at national, local and international levels and online.
- Review and management of the YouLead website: This includes working to:
- Maintain day-to-day online interface in an efficient, effective and user-friendly manner guided by communication best practices
- Boost institutional presence in social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, WhatsApp, Instant Messaging Applications)
- Generate and edit tailored web information and multimedia contents
- Assemble and analyse inflow from the YouLead and general web data, including profile of audiences for analysis and response as most appropriate.
- Create forums for knowledge sharing, discourse and expression of opinions on employment generation for youth
- Generate and manage an increasing network building dis-aggregated mailing lists
- Motivate volunteers and youth to drive traffic to the YouLead e-platforms
- Coordination of internal communications with staff and project teams to:
- Integrate context relevant organizationally driven communication strategies into all projects
- Engage beneficiaries and strategic partners at national and international levels to promote common goals
- Enhance strategies and bring new ideas to attract new sources of funding
- Creative packages that present result and impact of YouLead interventions to stakeholders, donors and the public
Research, Knowledge Building and Management:
- Development of public information on opportunities in the NRM sector in Cross River State, Nigeria and across the world prioritizing land mark activities and developments for awareness-raising on YouLead communication channels
- Management of information, including drafting articles, content management, edition, design of periodic production and dissemination of publications particularly the print and virtual newsletters
- Conversion of publications into key advocacy messages for campaigns using factsheets, reports, briefings and press release, targeting diverse audiences
- Compiling annual reports on communication best practices and lessons learned directly linked to YouLead goals of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and environmental sustainability
- Inform and advise the Project Team Leader on project communication strategic directions.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the YouLead Project Director, from time to time.
Significant practical, analytical and theoretical knowledge and experience of international development work in Nigeria including:
- An appreciation of the contribution volunteering in its many forms can bring to development
- A strong awareness of gender and equity issues and knowledge of issues affecting young women and men (key target groups for YouLead)
- An appreciation of the contribution that the private sector and business development approaches can bring to development
- Proven ongoing commitment to staying abreast of current development thinking
Communication, Representation and Networking:
- Excellent communication skills the ability to articulate project views efficiently and positively in various formats, including speech, panel, debate and group discussion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate good practices and learning in working with both young women and men that contributes to breaking down negative gender and generational stereotypes
- Ability to present and represent Cuso International in a variety of communicate media to a variety of audiences including government, private sector, donors and civil society
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships, alliances and networks in a fast paced ever changing work dynamic.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a number of teams, in a multi-cultural context and where teams may be geographically dispersed
- Proven ability to be self-serving in IT (Outlook, Email, databases, basic excel, Powerpoint) and willingness to develop IT skills in order to improve effectiveness at work
- Experience in data processing
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good time management, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Deep personal commitment for human dignity, equality, and justice
- High personal motivation and passion for personal development
- Strong conviction for shifts that push back of discriminatory cultural norms and practices
- Demonstrable zeal for innovation and creativity that stands out and excels
- Multitasking, organized and results oriented with ability to deliver in set time frames
- Demonstrated ability for crisis management and performance under pressure
- High values of dialogue, transparency and accountability
- Team player, with a spirit of sacrifice, and a value of responsibility for one and all.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Communication, Social Sciences, Political Science, Law, Journalism, Public Relations, Development or related discipline in the field of Humanities.
- Specialization in related fields or gender and human/women’s rights field valuable
Experience and Technical Abilities:
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in communications, public relations, development work, preferably in social and gender issues.
- Previous experience in field of advocacy for human or women’s rights will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of information technology (IT) and skills
- Knowledge and passion for social media and web based communication
- Strong ability to conceptualize issues and analyze data
- Excellent language and writing skills to compellingly communicate with diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of other national or international languages will be an advantage
- Network or potential capacity to build it whatever the context, sensibilities or nuances
- English essential
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should must be forwarded to the e-mail, with the competition number: Communication Officer 2015-46 clearly marked as the subject number.
- CV must be 3 pages in length maximum and covering letter must be 1 page long maximum.
- To be considered, your résumé and cover letter should demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.