Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Assist with the day-to-day operations at Forte Upstream Services’ warehouses, ensuring efficient stock receipt, handling and dispatch.
- Ensure the safety of products.
- Ensure required procedures are performed to guarantee readiness for receipt of goods into the warehouse:
- Supervise cleaning/re-arrangement of warehouse floor space appropriate and adequate for the storage of incoming goods.
- Ensure availability and operational status of equipment required to receive incoming goods.
- Verify incoming stock details and ensure agreement with required supporting documentation e.g. waybills, goods receipt note, e.t.c.
- Supervise the loading of stock from the warehouses and ensure accuracy in nature and quantity of products released as specified in the appropriate stock issuance documentation.
- Raise and distribute all product documents for all products received or delivered.
- Assist with coordinating the activities of forklift operators, loaders and other personnel involved in the movement of stock at the warehouse.
- Update and reconcile stock card.
- Ensure proper labelling and arrangement of stock in the warehouse to facilitate easy location and retrieval.
- Provide relevant assistance to internal and external auditors during stock verification exercises.
- Conduct regular stock examination and report stock damages/degradation to the Warehouse Supervisor for proper accounting capture.
- Track age of stock and provide required data for periodic age analysis by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Prepare & distribute weekly stock report.
- Implement good housekeeping processes within the organisation’s warehouses e.g. proper cataloguing, stock labelling and serialisation, appropriate segregation/storage of special stock (e.g. separation of corrosive items and other items requiring special storage), good fire prevention techniques etc.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Sharp thinking graduate of any discipline with at least two (2) years relevant experience in the upstream/downstream oil and gas sector.
- Relevant certification and training in warehouse management will be an added advantage.
- Baseline/ intermediate knowledge of warehouse management.
- Operational knowledge and understanding of inventory optimization and accuracy.
- Good people management skills.
- Good oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good organization skills and attention to details.
- Problem analysis and solving skills.
- Internal: Finance, Drilling Fluids & Services, Production Chemical & Services and Laboratory & Technical Support departments.
- External: Service providers.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with subject: "Warehouse Assistant - FO/FUS/WA/1115" to the e-mail.