Senior Legal Administrative Officer
Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Senior Legal Administrative Officer
- Provide legal support and documentation in respect of external funds received; review legal agreements and ensure adequate documentation for all sanctioned funds received.
- Review all third party agreements and provide legal opinion before execution.
- Maintain a Register of all Agreements entered into by the organisation outlining nature, parties, dates, duration etc.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Draft contracts, agreements and review internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Periodically make entries and update Legal encyclopedia on the extant laws and regulations which relates to the business of the Microfinance Bank.
- Maintain a register of the company’s existing policies.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation, ongoing suits/cases and advice management accordingly.
- Maintains legal encyclopedia of all extant laws relating to the business of the Company.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- Attend and observe client interviews and court proceedings as required and advice management accordingly.
- Rendering the necessary assistance to the Company Secretary with regards to all tasks that pertain to the legal desk.
- To attend meetings of the company and of the Board of Directors and render all company secretarial services in respect of such meetings.
- To act as a conscience seeker of the company, monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- To ensure the company complies withal applicable codes, statues and regulations.
- To ensure proper drafting and review of contractual agreements between the organization and other third parties.
- To play the role of a liaison officer between the company, external regulators and advisers with regards to legal and compliance matters.
- To maintain the company’s statutory register and ensure proper use of the company seal,
- To carry out general legal research with regards to the company’s day to day transactions,
- Overall management of legal documentation.
- To watch brief for the organization in any court appearance and to provide the necessary updates in respect thereof.
- To oversee the process of due diligence checks at the lands registry and other necessary statutory regulatory authorities.
- To provide general oversight with regards to managing the relationship between the company and its service providers as pertains to the Company’s Secretariat.
- To provide general oversight with regards to ensuring the Company’s Secretariat maintains a proper filing system.
- At least a Master’s degree in Law, plus admission to the Bar of (or diploma to practice law in) a member country; or a first university degree plus a relevant combination of academic qualification in Law (e.g. Juris Doctor (JD)). Possession of LLM degree will be added advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with an established law firm or an international financial institution, with in-depth experience in major international financial transactions with a specialization in restructuring and workouts, cross-border insolvency and bankruptcy, distressed debt and asset resolution with a focus on infrastructure projects.
- Proven competence in international banking and finance, project finance, corporate finance with a specialization in bankruptcy and insolvency law, creditors’ rights issues, disposal of distressed assets, cross-border insolvencies and the negotiation of bankruptcy terms for new loans and inter-creditor agreements, and creditor's rights issues that arise during commercial and other transitions.
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Possess a versatile multi-disciplinary skill-set, an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and effective communication, team building, inter-personal, writing and analytical skills.
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar.
- Professional qualification (Compulsory).
- Basic knowledge in Company secretarial and legal advisory.
- Extensive working knowledge of the internet, Microsoft office word, excel and power point.
- Excellent research and drafting aptitudes.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Soundness of legal advice.
- Zero error in legal agreement.
- Error rate in reports and minutes produced must be minimal.
- Must have a high level of compliance with contractual obligations.
- Having competent knowledge about legal practice.
- Must have must logical and analytical mind.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!