Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- Real Estate Manager oversee the operational aspects of commercial and residential properties and are responsible for maintaining the premises and increasing their value.
- They provide services for multiple buildings or locations.
- Job duties associated with large properties can include training and supervising staff members and groundskeepers.
- Furthermore, he/she is responsible for managing the financial aspects of a property or properties, collects rent and ensures taxes, insurance, payroll, and maintenance bills are paid.
- Handle financial operations of the property.
- Collect rent.
- Send out notices if rent is delinquent.
- Prepare and maintain financial statements.
- Update owners on status of property.
- Inform owners about occupancy rates, expiration dates of leases, and other issues.
- Advise owners on how much to charge for rent.
- Monitor the performance of contractors.
- Investigate and resolve complaints from residents and tenants when services are not properly provided.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for properties.
- Hire contractors to make repairs.
- Supervise maintenance staff.
- Understand and comply with pertinent legislation.
- Plan and direct the purchase, sale, and development of real estate properties on behalf of businesses and investors.
- Consider factors such as property values, taxes, zoning, population growth, transportation, and traffic volume and patterns.
- Negotiate contracts for the purchase or lease of the property.
- Real estate managers must have excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate with owners, staff and tenants in an effective and efficient manner.
- Computer literacy, record-keeping and strong leadership abilities are also required.
- Should have a minimum of bachelor's degree in real estate, finance or business administration.
- Nevertheless successful candidates will receive on-the-job training, including how to operate and repair any machines or equipment located on the premises.