Director of Rooms
Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Director of Rooms
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labor costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Prepare and submit statistical, performance, and forecast analyses and reports as required.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control.
- Use company systems and processes to maximize revenue. Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk.
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information related to the expected arrival and departure of VIP’s and other key guests, or other special guest needs.
- Regularly audit all financial transactions to ensure governmental regulations and data privacy requirements are met.
- Act as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in community outreach efforts. Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration and four years of guest service/hotel experience with two years in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak English Language.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!