Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Secretary is an officer of the company and his or her duties can be wide ranging. While Gland’s Act does not generally specify the role of the company secretary, they usually support Gland’s entities as required in meeting their corporate governance, legal and regulatory obligations.
- The Company Secretary will invariably be required to take on a variety of additional administrative duties. Typically, these may include: Management of the Gland’s premises and facilities, Office management, Compliance with Data Protection and Health & Safety requirements, and Intellectual property.
- Advising directors on their duties, and ensuring that they comply with corporate legislation and the Articles of Association of GOG.
- Ensuring that board procedures are both followed and regularly reviewed.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of a Company Secretary as required by the Corporations Act (CA), Gland's Constitution, and any other relevant legislation or regulation by: ensuring that the Company complies with its statutory obligations under any relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintain registers
- Ensure requisite retention of documents and records
- Ensuring completion and lodgement of statutory forms/returns and reporting under the CA and other relevant legislation/regulation, including annual accounts, annual returns, change in Directors, secretaries
- Ensuring compliance with the 'continuous disclosure' requirements of the CA (if an unlisted Disclosing Entity)
- Arrange/coordinate, set agenda, compile and circulate papers to Directors prior to meetings during board meetings.
- Ensuring adherence with the Gland's Constitution
- Carrying out other functions, if any, required of the Company Secretary by the Constitution.
- Assist the Chairman and Directors in the conduct of meetings and their directorial and governance, obligations and responsibilities.
- Carry out other duties related to the corporate administration GOG including: establishing a timetable of corporate actions required during the year pursuant to CA, prepare Gland’s company secretarial report to the Board of Directors' meetings
- Arrange AGM (and any other extraordinary general meetings) with due notice
- Prepare agenda and compile briefing notes for Chairman to conduct meeting
- Take minutes
- Actively contribute to a vibrant, collaborative team focused environment
- Good personal presentation, mature style and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to achieve outcomes with minimal direct supervision
- Able to build trust and show integrity by being genuine, taking straight and keeping promises
- Be courageous by being accountable, proactive and innovative
- Show care by listening carefully, seeking feedback and being community minded
- Ability to solve problems by being collaborative, creative and analytical
- Demonstrate fairness by treating people with dignity and taking a balanced view of circumstances
- Contribute to a vibrant environment by being energetic, enthusiastic and engaged in everything he/she does
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Ability to actively promote and role model Gland’s values
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- High level stakeholder management skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well developed skills in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Minimum of HND or its equivalent degree with 2 years working experience
- Proven experience as a Company Secretary or in a similar governance role
- An understanding of GOG, its brand and products/service
- Using Microsoft Sharepoint as a document management system
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!