Community Mobilization Field Assistant
Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Community Mobilization Supervisor will primarily be responsible for assisting the implementation of community mobilization in all the projects including WSAH, Nutrition and food security and livelihoods to provide IDP and vulnerable host households with all relevant information, trainings and orientations related to the projects in assigned LGA and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria..
- Proprogram in Maiduguri at LGA level.
- Manage community mobilization field teams within sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all ACF mobilization, trainings and IEC material Building.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of activities under community mobilization of all sector (FSL, WASH and Nutrition).
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required.vide support to ACF’s community mobilization supervisor to implement mobilization activities in ACF
- Degree in FSL or wash, nut related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, public health engineering, nutrition etc.
- one year’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team representation competencies
- Previous experience with Community Mobilization programming.
- One year relevant work experience
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in local languages
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition)
- Previous experience with ACF
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanoori
Method of Application:
- Interested candidates should submit their application by email to to the e-mail or in person to the following addresses:
Plot No.69 Crescent,6th Avenue,Gwarinpa, Abuja FCT
079, Unguwar Kasarau Yamma, Dutse, Jigawa State
No. 195/196, Don Etebet Housing Estate, Damaturu, Yobe State
96 West North, Damboa Road GRA, Behind Indimi House, Damboa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.