Job opening: clerical, administrative jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Finance and Administration Job at Equal Access
Working Relationship: Production Team, Finance and Administration Department
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Level of Effort Allocation: Approximately 80% dedicated to the production team and 20% to other departments
The Information Technology & Knowledge Management Specialist is responsible for the smooth operations of the Local Area Network /computer network, sustainability of institutional memory and knowledge management of Equal Access. The function is accomplished through effective collaboration and dedication of most of level of efforts (LoE) to Equal Access Production team, and supports other Departments of Equal Access as an agency as well; application of knowledge, skill, and planning with regard to network security at all times. He/she assists with computer maintenance, install equipment, perform preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of variety of hardware and software installations.
Position: Information Technology and Knowledge Management Specialistâ
1. Core/Routine Duties and ResponsibilitiesInstall Antivirus to all client and server computers, and regularly update the anti-virus and ensure the entire network and computers are virus-free. Undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems (including social media platforms) and general ICT maintenance Liaise with the Internet Service Provider and other IT partners and make sure there are standard IT systems and good internet connection. Ensure all network servers and network equipment are up and running. Oversee repair of computers and ICT equipment, when possible - facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions in consultation with supervisor. Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and ICT equipment in the office. Ensure proper power output regulated to all ICT systems in the office. Facilitate the purchase of IT related items through the procurement team. Responsible use and confidentiality of any institutional information
2. Periodical or on an as-needed basis Duties and ResponsibilitiesPhysical installation/de-installation of hardware equipment Install/configure computer/laptop peripherals. Diagnose and facilitate the repair of non-warranty equipment. Perform regular cleaning of the hardware equipment resident in the department such as servers Implement, manage, and troubleshoot hardware Device Drivers Implement, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Desktop Operating Systems, Applications and Server platforms Deploy Desktop Operating Systems, Applications and Server platforms updates immediately after their release. Manage, and Optimize Network Performance, Reliability, and Availability. Optimize network performance and utilization of maximum network security. Create/delete new network users and groups Determine baseline trends of network performance and become familiar with how the network operates without problems. Network infrastructure installation or upgrades. Implement, configure, manage, and troubleshoot active and passive network equipment Maintain software inventory. Document network, hardware, software, and server configuration and any actions changing that configuration. Document resolutions to problems and maintain repair logs
3. Weekly Duties and ResponsibilitiesDeploy Anti-Virus software and conduct regular checks to ensure efficacy of such anti-virus products throughout the office.
4. System and user data BackupIn consultation with supervisor, establish a clear back-up policy and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list. Ensure back up and archives are created and stored as scheduled. Make sure to keep in-site and off-site backup. Perform periodic System and user data Backup to ensure that in the event of a serious incident, all data created, modified or stored after the last backup will not be lost. Test backups and data recovery procedures.
5. TrainingBe able to provide basic training and help desk functions to the employees on the use of various application software programs Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of applications and networking.
6. Communication ProtocolWeekly â Supervisor. Periodical or on an as-needed basis â Supervisor, Director General
7. Web Design and UpdatingWill be responsible for updating the Country Programâs content on the global website portal and other sources Provide input in the design and production of electronic documents for circulation Support the Office department in the production of e- training resource materials
AND any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesA university degree in anIT related discipline Professional Certifications such as Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCITP, MCSA) is required CCNA, MCSE, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certification is an advantage Strong MS Office for Mac skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) Knowledge and experience in using cloud services and storage (dropbox, onedrive, google docs, office web apps or the possibility of setting up a custom one) Minimum of two yearsâ experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computers, network installations, and electronic equipment. Persistence and tenacity of purpose Very organized person with excellent communication skills Self-motivated and able to complete work in timely manner Able to work with minimal supervision Excellent documentation skills Individual with integrity, dedication, creativity, flexibility and initiative Able to continually evaluate and prioritize tasks. Excellent People skills Good knowledge and skills in the use of web publishing software Ability to share knowledge in a very empathetic manner Any other duties as assigned by supervisor At least one year experience in network administration and management. Experience in both hardware and software management in local area networking (LAN); mobile technology, experience in the configuration of internal email system as per the local area networking (LAN) Knowledge of internet, proxy, POP mail, and TCPIP settings, Mac, Linux, windows and mobile operating systems. Ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required. Hands on experience with video editing tools as provided by Equal Access and others such asAdobe Premier PRO, After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro etcetera Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must. Experience using 2D and 3D animation software (Adobe Flash, Maya etc.) would be an advantage Practical problem solving skills and solid trouble shooting skills