Principal Internal Auditor, OAGL.1
Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the Principal Internal Auditor:
Plans and conducts audit/investigations of assigned activities or operations relating to the financial, operational and administrative functions of the Bank:
- Reviews functions and activities to determine the nature of operations, procedures, and related internal controls to achieve established objectives;
- Determines the scope, nature and timing of audit activities;
- Designs audit procedures and programs;
- Holds opening conferences to communicate with auditees on issues related to the audits;
- Prepares audit planning memoranda for directors’ approval;
- Determines the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal control to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities;
- Determines the accuracy of financial information and the other disclosures provided;
- Directs, counsels and instructs audit assistants in the performance of audit assignments and ensure compliance with time schedule;
- Advises management on an ongoing basis, on accounting, reporting, control and compliance issues to prevent costly errors and irregularities;
- Holds exit conference with auditees to discuss audit findings and recommendations.
Prepares audit reports and submits them for the Auditor General ’s approval:
- Expresses opinions on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the systems, control procedures in place to achieve established objectives and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal control and reduce cost;
- Provides audit certification with respect to financial information and other disclosures provided in financial statement of grants and other programs.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and an internationally recognized professional qualification in Accounting/Auditing (e.g. “Expert comptable” /Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation).
- A minimum of 6 years of auditing experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an international Financial Institution.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of treasury financial instruments and information systems such as SAP/R3 system, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Integrated Audit Approach would be of a comparative advantage.
- Good interpersonal, supervisory, communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficient in the use of the Bank standard software: Excel, Word, Power points; MS projects, Access, Visio, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of computer Aided Audit Tools like ACL, PENTANA, etc.