Finance and Operations Manager, Alive & Thrive (A&T) Nigeria
Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Finance and Operations Manager, Alive & Thrive (A&T) Nigeria
Under the leadership of the A&T Nigeria Project Director:
- Assume primary responsibility for managing project financial, operational and administrative functions.
- Manage financial/accounting operations including overall financial monitoring and accurate and complete financial reports.
- Ensure sound financial management of sub-awards, including appropriate utilization of funds, timely invoicing, financial tracking, etc. Liaise with key sub-contractors in relation to financial matters as per the project financial guidelines.
- The position requires qualification and appropriate skills in accounting, extensive experience in sub-award management, as well as strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, and strong technical knowledge in the area of financial management.
- Assume responsibility for managing financial/accounting aspects of the project on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the A&T Nigeria Project Director and project headquarters staff with regard to budgeting, fiscal monitoring, accounting, sub-award planning, contracting, financial monitoring, and other tasks, as requested.
- Follow up on all financial aspects of local procurement and contracting, including processing of payments, financial monitoring, tracking, etc. as per project financial procedures.
- Ensure compliance of internal and sub-contractors’ expenditures with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide necessary financial and administrative support tall project staff, consultants and sub-contractors and ensure timely reporting of expenses.
- Assume primary responsibility for processing and reconciling imprest account promptly and accurately, including the review of bank statements, bank reconciliations, expense/advance reports, and imprest summaries. Imprest account is managed using QuickBooks.
- Ensure that imprest report is complete, individual transactions are properly documented and all accounts are reconciled prior to submission to Headquarters.
- Work closely with project headquarters staff to ensure final reconciliation of imprest transactions and to resolve questions on the imprest reports promptly.
- Work closely with the A&T Nigeria Project Director to prepare cash flow and monthly projection of expenses for replenishment of field funds.
Financial Management of Sub-Awards:
- Review and analyze vendor and sub-contractor vouchers for accuracy and compliance with client’s and organization’s billing requirements.
- Processes vendor and sub-award payment requests.
- Maintain individual financial trackers for each sub-award.
- Conduct periodic site visits to sub-awardees to monitor financial performance, verify supporting documentation, review invoices, and ensure proper internal control systems and procedures are in place.
- Serve as a liaison between vendors and sub-contractors and the project headquarters office in matters related to financial management.
- Compile and record regular information on the payments, invoices, and overall financial status of sub-awards in the monthly commitment tracker.
- Request annual audit reports from sub-contractors and partners as applicable, review and report to headquarters Senior Finance Manager on the results.
Accounts Payable and Cost Allocation/Administration:
- Prepare and process payroll in collaboration with FHI Nigeria Country Office
- Review and reconcile expense reports submitted by office staff and consultants, provide feedback as necessary.
- Review and analyze vendor vouchers for accuracy and compliance with client’s and organization’s billing requirements; process payment requests accordingly.
- Assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- Manage petty cash.
- Work with FHI Nigeria Country Office counterparts as necessary for financial, procurement and administration processes.
- Work closely with the A&T Nigeria Project Director to prepare annual budgets.
- Maintain, review, analyze and track country project budget as necessary; record costs against budget.
- Coordinate project activities with the Field Office team in order to support sound fiscal and administrative management of these activities in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- In coordination with A&T Nigeria Project Director, monitor project activities and make sure that communication and coordination among project partners is effective to ensure that activities are complete and on schedule.
- Coordinate local procurement for equipment, supplies, and services.
- Monitor and administer local contracts and consultancies.
- Ensure that appropriate supporting documentation is obtained for all procurement transactions.
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian laws (including labor laws) and tax regulations.
- Organize business meetings and workshops, including engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments, and taking minutes, as directed.
- Coordinate and arrange travel and accommodation for staff and visiting consultants, including booking hotels, organizing meetings, arranging train, car, or air travel; tracking messages and communication; and maintaining contact with staff during travel.
- Maintain and update project inventory list.
- Manage filing system for all financial, contractual, and personnel documents.
- Coordinate with local organizations to ensure collaboration on administrative issues.
- Maintain close communications with project partners and HQ staff.
- Assist the A&T Nigeria Project Director and other program staff as applicable to prepare advance lists of procurement and technical activities for planning efficient and timely inputs to support work plan activities.
- Keep the A&T Nigeria Project Director updated on latest rules and regulations regarding country operations and support him/her to carry out activities accordingly.
- Serve as liaison between home and field office.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong financial and accounting skills
- QuickBooks experience strongly preferred
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to project field sites
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to pre-plan critical actions and carry out actions in an efficient and timely manner
- Track record of being a team player, ability to deal with multiple tasks, flexibility and getting critical tasks completed on time
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!