Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The Financial Controller will be responsible for leading the effective daily operation of the company’s Accounting Department and ensuring the integrity of NCR’s financial results through the application of strong internal controls.
- The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility to abide to the local statutory requirements while ensuring compliance with NCR’s Corporate Financial and Management policies.
- Comply with Global Controllership processes, policies and procedures
- Ensure the completeness and timeliness of both Local & Corporate financial reporting
- Ensure an effective internal control environment is maintained at all times
- Manage/Lead a team of people in the accounting department
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all local statutory and Corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Support the audit groups during internal or external audits
- Implementation and closure of related audit recommendations
- Support the Business Units Managers and all other associates for the smooth operation of the company.
In the support to both the country’s Statutory Manager (in Nigeria) & the Area Financial Shared Service Director (in Cyprus) the Financial Controller has ownership and responsibility for the following (but not limited to) specific tasks:
- Review and approve monthly Account Reconciliations and timely resolution of reconciling items
- Report to country/area management any qualifying risk items
- Ensuring the timely recording & posting of journal entries and the existence of relevant documentation
- Verifying signature authorizations on purchase orders, sales contracts, checks etc.
- Safeguarding company sensitive information/assets from unauthorized users.
- Assist the local management decision taking with providing data analyses and reports
- Assist Auditors and tax authorities with any required analyses / documentation.
- Participate in Fixed Asset and Inventory physical stock taking Other Qualities
- Must be proactive, highly energized and able to adapt to changing technology environment at short notice.
- OND/HND IS AN ADVANTAGE Association
- 1+ years of Accounting Management experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Nigeria Tax Legislation, other local statutory requirements and business practices
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to manage a Team of people & apply excellent leadership qualities. Previous people management experience is required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with a large automated accounting systems (Oracle, SEN, etc.) is preferable although not essential
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs (Excel Word PowerPoint MS Outlook etc)