Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Job Title: Finance Manager, a Oil and gas servicing company, Warri (Nigeria)
Reference Code: REQ-1440
Category: Accounts & Finance Jobs in Africa
- Internal Controls: Ensure accurate and adequate documentation and recording of Applus RTD Nigeria Incomes and expenditures in compliance with country programme and global policy and procedures.
- Payroll Management: Prepare the monthly payroll ensuring all statutory deductions and other agreed deductions were accurately made for approval by the Regional Controller and the BUA Manager. Liaise with the HR personnel responsible to ensure all payroll information is up-to-date. Arranging with the Finance Assistant to complete the payment of all statutory deductions in line with the provisions of the law, ensure that this record is up to date for audit purposes by the relevant regulatory agency.
- Bank Payments: Liaise with the Finance Assistant to ensure bank payments are initiated following the review and approval of the payment run in line with agreed procedures and uploading payments onto the bank internet platform for approval by signatories
- Policy and Procedure: ensure adherence to corporate and MECA financial policies and procedures as well as SCIIF controls system.
- Month-end: Take responsibility for timely reviewing & reconciling balance sheet accounts including bank accounts and making corrections as necessary following the approval of the Regional Controller, running the month-end staff and overhead allocation procedures and reporting to the Regional Controller and BUA Manager as necessary.
- Taxation: Ensuring that all tax returns and tax obligations are kept up to date in a form suitable for external audit and government regulatory audits and payment made as and when required.
- Banking: Support the Finance Assistant to maintain adequate relationships with banking institutions and ensure accurate and up-to-date database of signatories of all Applus RTD Nigeria bank accounts. Update bank cash books, prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation and follow up on outstanding issues with the Bank and state offices and reporting as the BUA Manager and Regional controller as necessary.
- Risk Management: Regularly review assigned risk management roles and ensure adequate controls are in place and report accordingly.
- Cash Management: Monitor office petty cash and ensure weekly cash counts
- Line Management: General supervision of the Finance team, objective setting, conduct one on one meeting with the Finance team, and annual appraisals.
- Ad hoc reporting: Responsible for Carrying out ad hoc reporting as required by BUA manager or Regional controller.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Ability to develop specific goals and plans, prioritize, organize, and accomplish work schedule effectively.
- Monitoring — Continuous self Monitoring/Assessing of job performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Written and Oral Expression — communicating information and ideas in clear writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Analytical Thinking — analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems. Making use of initiatives to discern and analyse work related challenges and ensure timely resolution.
- Information Processing — compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Good Listening Skill — Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times as well as carrying out such instructions effectively.
- Active Learning — understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Initiative — Ability to think independently and make constructive suggestions on ways of solving financial challenges. He should also have the willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges as they arise.
- Service Orientation — Always ready and actively looking for ways to groom other subordinates to learn and improve the job roles.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!