Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
- The NURHI AHQ office Finance Assistant, under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager with technical guidance from the Finance and Administrative Director, is responsible for financial administration supports for the NURHI project Finance Unit at the AHQ.
- Maintain the role of preparing payments; ensure proper authorization for payments; distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances;
- Review purchase orders/requests, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the NURHI Financial retirements as may be required;
- Respond to field-based staff requests for information, documents or assistance promptly as relates to the
- Project, including assisting on banking transaction for the Finance Unit;
- Maintain organized files/records on all the Finance Unit documentation, reports, and documents;
- Format, edit, photocopy and disseminate documents as may be required in the Unit;
- Assist with office management logistics and compliance with project policies, and purchasing and procurement protocols, including bids and analysis;
- Assist the Finance Unit on logistics of procurements bids and verification as may be required;
- Assist in Maintaining and updating equipment log;
- Assist the NIJRHI technical staff with preparation and logistics for meetings, seminars, workshops and other events as may be required;
- Provide logistics supports for workshop disbursements including account reconciliation with hotels on facilities provided.
- Ensure timely photocopying of reports and courier to home office to complement financial reports;
- Acts as primary back-up to Finance staff in QB posting and processing of monthly reports, including advances liquidation/retirements; and
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Good problem solving, analytical, computing and independent thinki rig skills
- Strong working relationships and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing, typing and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel. Power Point)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Peach Tree, or any similar Accounting Software
Education and/or Experience:
- University degree/HND or equivalent professional qualification in accounting, finance administration
- 3-5 years experience in financing administration, and or accounting.
- Experience working in an office, preferably a Development NGO environment or international donor organization/project in a closely related position/portfolio.
- Must be able to write, speak and read fluently in English.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV's to the e-mail with the title of the "Position and preferred city" indicated in the application or in the subject line of the e- mail.
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!