Chief Financial Officer
Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Chief Financial Officer
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the CFO will be responsible for building and managing effective and streamlined operations, processes and systems relating to finance, accounting, treasury, procurement, IT, administration, contracts and Internal Control.
- The CFO will focus on strengthening his/her team's capacity to develop, implement and manage cost effective and efficient policies/practices, with particular attention to rigorous internal control systems and procedures.
- Work with Program Directors to ensure the success of each program through cost analysis support and compliance with all contract and program requirements. This includes:
- Interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines.
- Ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel.
- Determine the optimal structure that will best deliver on the financial services, obligations and commitments of the organisation.
- Assess and fully develop the financial systems of the organisation to superior levels of service and functionality for all customers served by the finance department.
- Develop financial processes that proactively and strategically establish the highest levels of benchmarks and performance for the total organisation in cooperation with the executive team and field operations.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes the minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee financial management for sub-awards and programs.
- Monitor banking and investment activities of the organization.
- Work with the Managing Director and Executive team to develop financial strategy and ensure the organisation's targets are met or exceeded.
- Assess organizational performance against both annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the executive management team.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with organisation's strategic plan.
- Participate in developing new businesses, specifically: assist the Chief Programmes Officer, Chief Strategy and Technical Officer and Chief Operating Officer in identifying new funding opportunities.
- Provide timely and insightful analysis of financial results and forecasts, analyse the allocation of costs and provide key metrics to the management team to enable them effectively run the organization.
- Ensure that the Finance & Accounts Department prepares and sends periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually) to donors and partners as required which comply with all local and donor-specific financial guidelines.
- Structure, prepare and present materials for formal board meetings and board committee meetings.
- Engage the Board Audit Finance and Corporate Governance Committees on issues, trends and changes in operating models and financial systems. Assist in establishing yearly objectives, meeting agendas as well as selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors and investment advisers).
Procurement, Facilities and IT:
- Provide oversight for the procurement function to ensure the development and implementation of policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure efficiency and transparency of the procurement system and the adoption of best practices in all dealing with vendors and contractors.
- Provide oversight for the management of the organisations' physical infrastructure and assets including utilities, facilities, buildings and system maintenance.
- Evaluate and improve the organisation's information technology infrastructure, implementing new technologies to support key capabilities as required for future growth, and to support and drive key IT supported process improvement initiatives.
Advocacy and External Relations:
- Develop successful and trusting relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders and create and sustain an environment that supports these relationships.
- Must possess a first degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Economics or other numerate discipline.
- A relevant second degree (MBA or MSc) is desirable.
- A professional accounting qualification such as ACA or any other equivalent qualification from a recognised professional body.
- Must possess at least 20 years post qualification experience in financial analysis and reporting preferably in the not-for-profit or private sectors; with a minimum of 5 years in senior financial management role.
- Working experience in a fairly complex environment with multidonors, multi projects, in partnership with some subrecipients and with responsibility for financial oversight.
- Experience in interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Working knowledge of current accounting standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Experience with budget development as well as legal and regulatory compliance.
- Technologically savvy, with experience in using enterprise resource planning applications.
- Experience in communicating key data effectively, including presentations to senior management, the Board or other outside partners/influencers/clients.
- Analytic and decisive with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- A hands-on manager with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- High interpersonal skills, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable passion for the organisation's mission.
- Constantly looking to apply best practices.
- Creative with experience funding activities in a way that covers both costs and generates operating margins.
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!