Audit Senior, Chartered
Job opening: accounting, finance jobs, jobs in Nigeria
Audit Senior, Chartered
- Responsible for participating in and supervising multiple client engagements and other related activities under the general direction of more experienced engagement team members
- Discusses moderately complex issues with engagement team and client management
- General accounting and financial reporting assistance
- Understands and explains to staff the objectives of an audit, planned other services, and the staff's role in the audit process
- Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and applies their understanding of the client's business and industry to identify areas of audit significance, assesses the degree of risk and the nature of the errors that could result from the client's accounting estimates, identifies unusual or unexpected transactions, and explains important developments/matters to staff
- Develops the Audit Approach Plan and prepares detailed audit programs for tests of controls and substantive procedures for significant accounts
- Executes audit procedures, such as understanding and evaluating significant sources of information, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures in moderately complex, judgmental and/or specialized areas
- Drafts financial statements and footnote disclosures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares memoranda and other working papers, letters, and correspondence (e.g., Audit Planning Memorandum, Audit Approach Plan, management letter, and correspondence with the client).
- Participates in meetings with the client engagement team and the client. Presents information to others in one-on-one and small group situations, such as verbal presentations to client personnel.
- Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve our client's satisfaction.
Your people responsibilities
- Fosters teamwork by maintaining cooperative relationships with the client engagement team; contributing to a work environment that leads to high morale, productivity, and open communications; facilitating the resolution of conflicts; sharing information; and, accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews).
- Graduates from Finance / Economics / Accounting
- At least three years’ experience working as an auditor for a medium-sized audit firm
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Interest in audit
- User level IT (MS Office) knowledge
ATTENTION! Do not make any advance payments to any seller on Mobofree, not even for delivery! You may get scammed by unfair seller. Please report abuse to help us stop scam! To keep yourself safe, make sure to follow our Safety tips!